New telematics reports

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It seems my diad is almost always on when carrying in the holster... it randomly beeps at me all day long in there.
I butt dial my DIAD all the time because I just stick it in my back pocket. I tried using a holster once, it got in the way and caught on stuff and I couldnt stand wearing it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Our center is due to get Orion 9/15 and our PDS specifically told us to carry our DIADs to each and every stop, including residentials.

Only because for some arcane reason known only to IE, it will make your dispatch (with all the additional work you will get) look better.

Your PDS is only trying to cover his/her butt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I butt dial my DIAD all the time because I just stick it in my back pocket. I tried using a holster once, it got in the way and caught on stuff and I couldnt stand wearing it.
Yep. That's probably the best thing about the diad V. It either goes in my back pocket or vest pocket.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Why wouldn't you carry your diad to every stop?
It's just something I did. I usually stop complete resi at in the cab and just drop it n the holder on my way out the door. Bad habit maybe but there was no rhyme or reason other than one less thing to carry

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I never had to work under telematics. Somewhere in Atlanta, there must be a room full of suits, just sitting around with scratch pads saying "Hey, let's make them start doing THIS!" At some point, there is going to be so many rules and regulations that it will be physically impossible to do the job.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I never had to work under telematics. Somewhere in Atlanta, there must be a room full of suits, just sitting around with scratch pads saying "Hey, let's make them start doing THIS!" At some point, there is going to be so many rules and regulations that it will be physically impossible to do the job.

There already are. No matter what you do right, you're breaking another rule.