New thing in our hub, not scanning pickups.

OptimusPrime

See, this is where UPS is messed up. Our building isn't small potatoes, yet just now we are adapting what others have been doing for awhile. I mean , off the top of my head this hub has roughly 130+ routes going out.

brown_trousers

Wow! this is news to me. I've never been trained to scan pickups unless they are ARS. Even customers that don't have an end of day barcode, I just key enter the number of pkgs I'm picking up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
HUH? stealing time? Occasionally I have a 100+ pkg on call, there is no end of day summary, so I scan every pkg as I load. Was instructed to do this by center manager as it helps their #s, more pickup pieces. If I'm at a pickup that has end of day of course I dont scan pkgs. But I do scan all ARS, internationals and high values.

The boss gets credit for pickup pieces. Put in 100 and move on. You are wasting time scanning them.

Indecisi0n

I was told by my boss to scan EVERY drop of package. The ups store I cover gets at least 80 pieces a day. I work as instructed.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I was told by my boss to scan EVERY drop of package. The ups store I cover gets at least 80 pieces a day. I work as instructed.

I actually checked the sheeting methods a while ago and it explicitly mentions UPS stores and similar drop off locations. As long as they're scheduled pickups it says not to scan the packages, just count them and enter the total number picked up. It's the same for all scheduled pickups whether there's a pickup summary barcode or not. Just count the packages and enter the total number picked up.

Indecisi0n

I actually checked the sheeting methods a while ago and it explicitly mentions UPS stores and similar drop off locations. As long as they're scheduled pickups it says not to scan the packages, just count them and enter the total number picked up. It's the same for all scheduled pickups whether there's a pickup summary barcode or not. Just count the packages and enter the total number picked up.

I work as directed so I scan them.

barnyard

KTM rider
You cannot change the total number of packages at letter boxes. It will only show the total you scanned. On the route I am on now, I only scan EOD, nothing else. Probably should start scanning high values, though.