New Toys

klein

Für Meno :)
My daughter has 3 kids---- a 4 yr old boy and twin girls almost 2 year old. She says her steam cleaner was the best investment she ever made. She has tile floors throughout most of her house.

Thanks Rod !
I seen it on info commercials a few months back... but never heard of anyone owning one, yet.
I have wooden hardward floors, not sure if the steam does them good, though.

But, really considering getting one anyways (on sale this week), they do awsome jobs on those nicknack places, where a cleaning cloth doesn't even fit in.... groves, under baseboards, around toiletts...

Well, ok, your opinion almost satisfied me....now I just need to get over the $500+ sticker price !

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm not sure using one on hardwood floors would be the right thing to do. Steam and wood don't seem like a good mix to me. I would check at a flooring store first to see what they say.

raceanoncr

Corvettes, Harleys, Steam Cleaners. I wish I had fancy toys like this.

Brown, I'm gonna preach to you here.

There's "light at the end of the tunnel". I been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it, to coin a phrase.

Don't know how old you are but I see on one of the posts that you got snot machines still at home. That ain't bad. I'll just say I don't think my life STARTED until I passed 50. Got divorced before that but had to play catch-up on the abyss of debt that she threw me in. Had 3-room apt that you could sit on crapper, manually change TV channels in living room and cook dinner at the same time, it was so small. BUT, it served it's purpose.

I continually worked to be out of debt. I didn't work to buy toys. I worked to make my credit good again. It was hard, very hard. Got made fun of because of lifestyle. Didn't eat out, didn't go out, didn't do nuthin, didn't buy nuthin. But it worked.

Got outta debt, threw away credit cards, got alimony stopped (she remarried, which was a complete and happy shock to me and others) and started building savings, 401, Roth's, etc. A Harley came along, I had cash, I bought it. Wasn't looking, it just fell into my life. Ain't been sorry.

A wonderful lady stepped into my life that shared my views on things, we got married and she has helped me sustain what I was working for...no debt, no money worries. She is a miser. BUT, she is pushing me to get this race car done. She pushed me into buying this Corvette.

We bought this house, which is more house than I've ever had in my life, built more garages than I've ever had in my life, stocked with more tools than I've ever had in my life, all with the view to just stay outta debt and not stock toys. The toys just came along.

I'm retired now and loving every minute of this life and, hopefully, am still young enough to do so.

My point? I hope you're not envying what others have and are just working to supply the needs of your family and stay out of debt and, hopefully, build a little for emergencies or the proverbial "nest egg". Believe me, if you live this way, the rest will come.

There, now let others bash me for being "Rev. Race".

rod

Retired 22 years
Brown, I'm gonna preach to you here.

There's "light at the end of the tunnel". I been there, done that, got the t-shirt to prove it, to coin a phrase.

Don't know how old you are but I see on one of the posts that you got snot machines still at home. That ain't bad. I'll just say I don't think my life STARTED until I passed 50. Got divorced before that but had to play catch-up on the abyss of debt that she threw me in. Had 3-room apt that you could sit on crapper, manually change TV channels in living room and cook dinner at the same time, it was so small. BUT, it served it's purpose.

I continually worked to be out of debt. I didn't work to buy toys. I worked to make my credit good again. It was hard, very hard. Got made fun of because of lifestyle. Didn't eat out, didn't go out, didn't do nuthin, didn't buy nuthin. But it worked.

Got outta debt, threw away credit cards, got alimony stopped (she remarried, which was a complete and happy shock to me and others) and started building savings, 401, Roth's, etc. A Harley came along, I had cash, I bought it. Wasn't looking, it just fell into my life. Ain't been sorry.

A wonderful lady stepped into my life that shared my views on things, we got married and she has helped me sustain what I was working for...no debt, no money worries. She is a miser. BUT, she is pushing me to get this race car done. She pushed me into buying this Corvette.

We bought this house, which is more house than I've ever had in my life, built more garages than I've ever had in my life, stocked with more tools than I've ever had in my life, all with the view to just stay outta debt and not stock toys. The toys just came along.

I'm retired now and loving every minute of this life and, hopefully, am still young enough to do so.

My point? I hope you're not envying what others have and are just working to supply the needs of your family and stay out of debt and, hopefully, build a little for emergencies or the proverbial "nest egg". Believe me, if you live this way, the rest will come.

There, now let others bash me for being "Rev. Race".

I totally agree with you Race. I am lucky enough to be married to a gal that HATES shopping and is also the one who pushes me to enjoy my retirement years. When I see these newly weds get married one day, buy $350,000 house and insist on owning a top of the line SUV for the wife and a decked out $50,000 pickup for the guy all within a couple of years I just shake my head in wonderment. I guess its all in how you were raised. My wonderful parents insisted that I pay for anything other than food, clothes and a roof over my head. I bough my own first moped, my own first car (and paid for my own insurance, gas and upkeep). My parents never told me I couldn't have something----they would say "you buy it- you can have it". It made me appreciate every toy I had. Except for 2 months when I got out of the Army I've had a job continuously since my 1st paperroute when i was in 4th grade. People tell me I retired too early---I tell them no- I started working too early. Now days it seems like little Johney or Suzie gets everything the want handed to them. I have friends who are 50 & 60 years old who still think they have to buy their 30 & 40 year old kids stuff------------------------and these mooches eat it up. Enough ranting----Happy Easter to all.