New Truck time

Tiny Panda

You sure that's a ups truck and not FedEx? That's really clean lol

I do take pride in my truck, may sound a bit sad but if i'm given a new truck i'm going to look after it. I used to win prizes at car shows for obsessive cleanliness so its rubbed off at work. I only live 2 mins from the center so i come in every now and again on a Saturday morning and clean it out. Help also that our shunter gives special attention to the new trucks, he only parks them in a certain part of the warehouse to unload so they aren't scratched and has bought special cleaning stuff for them. The liquid cab cleaner smells of bubblegum :surprised:

wayfair

swollen member
looks like another brown truck to me....

mine is 3 years old and CNG powered, automatic, keyless start/entry

and ALWAYS FULL

Tiny Panda

Shunter is like a car parker? In this country there are federal laws against working for free. Even if you volunteer your time to the company.

Yeah, he takes them off the wash into and parks them on the dock or takes them from the warehouse to the wash after unloading.

No such laws here, you can do what you like providing the management don't mind, in fact they'd pay you to keep the truck clean if they were allowed.

PT Car Washer

That's my job. Used to wash and fuel and park the trucks but years ago started having the drivers fuel and run trucks through an automatic car wash. The laws are designed to prevent the company from taking advantage of its workers.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Nothing really. But it will throw up a red flag in the shop as to why a number was plugged in for a package car that doesn't exist in your center.

Which resulted in a termination in our center for someone who was falsifying miles for a vehicle he actually guessed at that existed 5 states away.

upsmann21

We have about 25 electric trucks in my center. They about a a 75mile range before they need a new charge. Lets just say we have tow trucks on standby waiting for the call that we ran out of juice which happens often
image.jpg