New union contract?

So what's going on with this? I'm located in Illinois at Hodgkins Cach location and well they aren't telling us anything. It's all rumors and just annoying. Whats the new contract gonna do for us? Benefits? Pay? Is there a link that shares all this and when it kicks in?

kingOFchester

Its a 20 year contract. Passed by a 112% vote. It starts on December 24th 2014, unless you are in local 9457A, they will start on the the 25th. Seems as though that local got screwed. The contract will take 50% off of all routes., cut half of the routes and put the remaining work on the routes still running. Benefits have been doubled and divided by 2 minus 1. Unfortunately there is no link. This is the first thread about the contract. Seems as though no one here has been following the new contract.

Ron Carey and James Casey have vowed to work together for the better of humanity.

Nope. Mayb January or February maybe.

So who can I talk to here about this? I mean why did I have to come online to find this out. Why don't they inform us? Is there something on upsers we can look at? I mean the rumors were 1 dollar raise and all that jazz. New hires were gonna be at 10.50.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So what in general nothing changes per say? So all this talk we have been hearing has been just rumors? No new contract in August?

I have some connections to 705 and 710 from why I've heard the contract has been extended 90 days but the union walked away from the bargaining table and told ups to call when they have a serious healthcare proposal.

What contract?

Well according to what's going on here in Hodgkins Cach in Illinois, they say we are going to get a new contract that will mainly focus on pay for us. So I'm a new hire. Hitting 90 days Monday. Since training they've been aiming this at us. After 90 days automatically it's 9.50. But since training they were talking about a contract that was suppose to come into play August 1st. This contract was suppose to give us another dollar raise. Originally they has said it was going to be two dollars but after talking to people there who have been around for a while, they said they would probably and most likely give us that extra dollar in February. They were talking about our benefits kicking in right away instead of waiting a year. Thing is that all they're telling us. Our union steward isn't telling us anything. Human resources is super vague. Now they are talking about pay back for whatever they don't pay us for the new contract. It's confusing actually. Is any of this even realistic

quamba 638

Nope. Mayb January or February maybe.

So who can I talk to here about this? I mean why did I have to come online to find this out. Why don't they inform us? Is there something on upsers we can look at? I mean the rumors were 1 dollar raise and all that jazz. New hires were gonna be at 10.50.

You can go to the IBT website. They're always up to the minute with information.....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
yea my heart goes out to you and hat you must go through.

It's all good. While I have mixed feelings about moving into TeamCare, at least all the scabs will get jammed up and inconvenienced when they have problems with their insurance when they call the union call to whine.

"B.b.b.ut shouldn't you guys be able to tell me why my claim was denied?"

"Sorry sir, here's the number for TeamCare. Have fun sitting on the switch board! *click*"

:peaceful:

Inthegame

It's all good. While I have mixed feelings about moving into TeamCare, at least all the scabs will get jammed up and inconvenienced when they have problems with their insurance when they call the union call to whine.

"B.b.b.ut shouldn't you guys be able to tell me why my claim was denied?"

"Sorry sir, here's the number for TeamCare. Have fun sitting on the switch board! *click*"

:peaceful:
They wouldn't get a "sir" out of me...

UPS Preloader

January or February is probably a bit optimistic. Hopefully by 2018 when its time for the next contract.
On the plus side should be a humongous back pay check if and when we get one.

It's going to be a real mess for those PT's reaching their one year anniversary when they have to retro the Health Insurance for any claims they may have had.

Last edited:

stink219

You can go to the IBT website. They're always up to the minute with information.....
TDU's is way more entertaining. Every story has a plot, conspiracy, scheme or treason. Here is TDU's propaganda model. No denying it.

#1: Bandwagon
This technique tries to persuade everyone to join in and do the same thing.
#2: Testimonial
An important person or famous figure endorses a product.
#3: Transfer
Good feelings, looks, or ideas transferred to the person for whom the product is intended.
#4: Repetition
The product name or keyword or phrase is repeated several times.
#5: Emotional Words
Specific words are used to evoke positive feelings in the viewer.
#6: Name-calling
Negative words are used to create an unfavorable opinion of the competition in the viewer's mind.
#7: Faulty Cause and Effect
Use of a product is credited for creating a positive result.
#8: Compare and Contrast
The viewer is led to believe one product is better than another, although no real proof is offered.

Well according to what's going on here in Hodgkins Cach in Illinois, they say we are going to get a new contract that will mainly focus on pay for us. So I'm a new hire. Hitting 90 days Monday. Since training they've been aiming this at us. After 90 days automatically it's 9.50. But since training they were talking about a contract that was suppose to come into play August 1st. This contract was suppose to give us another dollar raise. Originally they has said it was going to be two dollars but after talking to people there who have been around for a while, they said they would probably and most likely give us that extra dollar in February. They were talking about our benefits kicking in right away instead of waiting a year. Thing is that all they're telling us. Our union steward isn't telling us anything. Human resources is super vague. Now they are talking about pay back for whatever they don't pay us for the new contract. It's confusing actually. Is any of this even realistic
It's because your steward doesn't know. You and all the guys and gals that are worried have to sit back and relax. This contract will pass. In some locals it might take a little bit. Not to worry, before you know it you will get a check for all the back pay on the raises from the company. I would check my hours after August 1.