New Unloader hopes to be Aircraft Mechanic??s

TinPusher

Thanks in advance for the help! Just started with UPS as a PT Unloader at O'Hare. I'm also an airline mechanic here full time in Chicago with another company. I'm not sure if going about this the correct way but my hopes are that I will be able to become a UPS Aircraft Mechanic in the future.
I do fullfill the line experience requirements for external applicants, but I have always been kicked out of the process due to lack of experience in required aircraft types. Unfortunately, I can't explain that newer aircraft types I work on are more sophisticated and advanced than UPS's Aircraft types. I'm not trying to sound like a know it all here, just looking for some help.
I spoke with some of locals and didn't really find the answers but, will I be able to become a UPS Aircraft Mechanic? Thanks again brown!

By The Book

So, you are saying that the aircraft you are working on are more advanced than the UPS aircraft? It sounds as if there is a process or requirement that has to be fulfilled in order for you to get your foot in the door.

TinPusher

I'm hoping that me becoming an Unloader is my "foot in the door."
The requirements are 3 years experience on Boeing/Airbus/MD aircrafts and 1 year flight line experience. I have over 2 years flight line experience. Even though I don't have the full 3 years of experience on these types of aircraft I know I can do the work required.

By The Book

I'm hoping that me becoming an Unloader is my "foot in the door."
The requirements are 3 years experience on Boeing/Airbus/MD aircrafts and 1 year flight line experience. I have over 2 years flight line experience. Even though I don't have the full 3 years of experience on these types of aircraft I know I can do the work required.
How much experience do you have on these types?

ihatewinter

Have you looked on upsers for jobs? I noticed you said external applications. Type in "Mco" in the search bar.
Good luck tho. I did what your trying to do with seasonal driving.

TinPusher

Have you looked on upsers for jobs? I noticed you said external applications. Type in "Mco" in the search bar.
Good luck tho. I did what your trying to do with seasonal driving.
Yes I've been trying to get on UPSers but the website hasn't been working for me. Will look again in a bit. Hopefully it worked out for you

TinPusher

I'm back at this. While at ORD I spoke with a gentleman from Omaha who had an opening for an AMT. Unfortunetly, AC type experience was a strick requirement.
Now located in ATL with 5 years of heavy experience. Going to grab a PT position as a handler, hopefully, at the airport hub.
When the time comes I want to be ready. What is the interview process like for AMTs at UPS? I think it's typically 6 months PT for new hires.