New UPS Logo

Overpaid Union Thug

I finally decided to change my avatar after so many years of rocking the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas avatar. It was easy to chose and is very appropriate for the current state of the company we all work for. I don't know if this new avatar is permanent. I might keep it for a while and I might not. It just seems so appropriate right now.

The Driver

I drive.
This is a good opportunity to talk about perspectives on how UPS sees and values the word "Service" in United Parcel Service. Being a new driver, I take service very seriously and always do my best to attempt legitimate delivery on time. The center I'm in really frowns on missed deliveries. We don't have Orion yet.

9.5er

Sadly I believe the drivers are the only ones that care about the service part anymore. Management is all about getting it done. Upper management is all about cutting all they can and make the quarterly numbers. We as drivers provide the service. Doesn't sound very "United" either does it?

I finally decided to change my avatar after so many years of rocking the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas avatar. It was easy to chose and is very appropriate for the current state of the company we all work for. I don't know if this new avatar is permanent. I might keep it for a while and I might not. It just seems so appropriate right now.
I like the other one. I've enjoyed looking at it over the years.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This is a good opportunity to talk about perspectives on how UPS sees and values the word "Service" in United Parcel Service. Being a new driver, I take service very seriously and always do my best to attempt legitimate delivery on time. The center I'm in really frowns on missed deliveries. We don't have Orion yet.
"Service" is little more than a buzzword that gets thrown around at the PCM.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Sorry @Overpaid Union Thug, I have to ask you not to use an altered UPS logo as your avatar because of the possibility of a trademark and trade dress infringement claim by UPS legal. Thank you in advance for understanding.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-copyright-infringement-to-have-a-similar-log-205482.html

david-abney.jpg

Fix that! Overpaid under worked union thug.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Sadly I believe the drivers are the only ones that care about the service part anymore. Management is all about getting it done.
What is your definition of service? Because I know our management team bends over backwards to avoid missed, late etc.

9.5er

What is your definition of service? Because I know our management team bends over backwards to avoid missed, late etc.
IMO, that is to avoid being on a list or having to answer for it on a conference call. IF management were more about service then why am I required to deliver most of my residential stops before businesses? Why do I have to deliver business stops late in the afternoon just so I can make the pick up at the same time.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

why am I required to deliver most of my residential stops before businesses?
What does it matter? If they make service, they make service.
Why do I have to deliver business stops late in the afternoon just so I can make the pick up at the same time.
Why would you go back a second time if you don't have to?