New UPS Logo

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Overpaid Union Thug, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I finally decided to change my avatar after so many years of rocking the Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas avatar. It was easy to chose and is very appropriate for the current state of the company we all work for. I don't know if this new avatar is permanent. I might keep it for a while and I might not. It just seems so appropriate right now.

2. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

This is a good opportunity to talk about perspectives on how UPS sees and values the word "Service" in United Parcel Service. Being a new driver, I take service very seriously and always do my best to attempt legitimate delivery on time. The center I'm in really frowns on missed deliveries. We don't have Orion yet.

3. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Sadly I believe the drivers are the only ones that care about the service part anymore. Management is all about getting it done. Upper management is all about cutting all they can and make the quarterly numbers. We as drivers provide the service. Doesn't sound very "United" either does it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

I like the other one. I've enjoyed looking at it over the years.

5. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

"Service" is little more than a buzzword that gets thrown around at the PCM.

6. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Sorry @Overpaid Union Thug, I have to ask you not to use an altered UPS logo as your avatar because of the possibility of a trademark and trade dress infringement claim by UPS legal. Thank you in advance for understanding.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/is-it-copyright-infringement-to-have-a-similar-log-205482.html

7. Overpaid Union Thug

8. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Re-draw it MS Paint. Might even be funnier.

9. cheryl

Sorry for the trouble, your avatar was reported so it has been logged that the staff has been notified. Call me paranoid, but I do what I can to keep legal targets off of our site.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. [​IMG]

Fix that! Overpaid under worked union thug.

11. Overpaid Union Thug

Reported?

12. Not by me.

13. Overpaid Union Thug

Probably by one of our a corporate trolls. Hey, I was just being honest in my alteration of the UPS logo. LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. cheryl

Yes sir. I don't think it's appropriate to disclose who reports a post, but it was reported. I appreciate that you changed the avatar. Thank you.

15. Overpaid Union Thug

Not a problem. I would almost be willing to bet a weeks pay that the person who reported it is a known supporter of ORION. LOL!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. dupa

dupa On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.

Maybe they would let you use it with a sales lead

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Welp, that rules me out. :rofl:

18. What is your definition of service? Because I know our management team bends over backwards to avoid missed, late etc.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

IMO, that is to avoid being on a list or having to answer for it on a conference call. IF management were more about service then why am I required to deliver most of my residential stops before businesses? Why do I have to deliver business stops late in the afternoon just so I can make the pick up at the same time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. What does it matter? If they make service, they make service.
    Why would you go back a second time if you don't have to?