New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I predict there will be fallout for these tactics, much like using safety time to run routes and hide misload running by hourlies. There was fallout around the ivory towers and some good management, along with :censored2:ty ones, were discharged middle of last year. I'm talking center managers and driver sups. I know some of them were frequenting these boards, they can post if they'd like to tell you more.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

So is Orion beneficial or not?...just never understood, it's supposed to tell u which stop to deliver next but it's not like it moves the pkg in the truck for you so I would think it could take longer if your digging for or can't locate the pkg.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We were doing the two DIAD nonsense when we got Orion the middle of last year. Management seems to have stopped caring about that recently.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
But either they eventually merge the two DIADs. Wouldn't this still mess up the ORION compliance stuff? Or else make it look like you had more cars on the road which screws SPC?
It won't mess with anything. When you merge timecards what you are copying over is Area, Trip Number, Packages, Stops, and DRs. It won't affect the trace.

What the second DIAD is essentially doing is protecting your trace, it's like an ORION blackhole. Sure there is ORION on there, but it won't affect your % whatsoever if the cards are merged properly. Your original DIAD is associated with a dispatch ID which is associated with your ORION. The dispatch ID associated with your DIAD is the one your ORION trace will come from. The only thing from DIAD 2 that will be added is stops, packages, and DRs.

Sorry if that is worded strange. I'm trying to find a good way to word it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This is the thing. If they're trying to cover up bad dispatching or bad Orion compliance or whatever this is, what becomes of the extra DIAD record? How is this record shown?
The information will be uploaded as normal, but the only place it will appear at the end of the day is in ODSE. You will have two timecards, but they will move the stops over to your primary timecard.

JL 0513

We were doing the two DIAD nonsense when we got Orion the middle of last year. Management seems to have stopped caring about that recently.

This better not last in my center. I actually like helping others for the extra overtime but this adds a big hassle that I don't want to keep dealing with.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This better not last in my center. I actually like helping others for the extra overtime but this adds a big hassle that I don't want to keep dealing with.
Unless you have to drive to the center to get it, what is the hassle? It's just another DIAD to use for however many stops you take.

Box Ox

Unless you have to drive to the center to get it, what is the hassle? It's just another DIAD to use for however many stops you take.

And another place for on demand pickups with commit times to be sent to while you're not paying attention to the secondary board! Grrrrrrrr.

DOK

One reason it's a big deal is because then you have to worry about someone merging the diads correctly so you get paid correctly. Notoriously done incorrectly in my building, management couldn't care less.

FilingBluesFL

I predict there will be fallout for these tactics, much like using safety time to run routes and hide misload running by hourlies. There was fallout around the ivory towers and some good management, along with :censored2:ty ones, were discharged middle of last year. I'm talking center managers and driver sups. I know some of them were frequenting these boards, they can post if they'd like to tell you more.

In the last year we lost our two best on roads. Ones that had at least one foot on the ground and could recognize the stupidity for exactly what it was: BS.
Both were fired for the same thing, "Dishonesty," from doing exactly what they were told by upper management.

You literally can't win at this place.

Friday I took some stops out that another driver brought back, I was given a different board to take out for those stops.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
One reason it's a big deal is because then you have to worry about someone merging the diads correctly so you get paid correctly. Notoriously done incorrectly in my building, management couldn't care less.
Everything is based off of DIAD 1. Unless you are putting breaks in DIAD 2 there are no issues. The only thing getting transferred is the packages and stops.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Lol we don't even have enough functioning DIADS to run all of the routes in our center, this will never happen, and if it does, I'll screw it up on purpose for fun