New UPS nonsense, has this started in your center yet?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've read thousands of posts and have never seen the UPS Industrial Engineer talked about. Stupid label for someone who translates stops to route count. This is some person who just speaks to the Center manager before drivers even wake up in the morning. Why would I know about him?

We don't talk in dozens of acronyms at work so sorry for some ignorance.

@Monkey Butt, come explain IE to this new guy.

FilingBluesFL

Sounds like you are emotionally invested in your management team....how does that make you feel? I think it just adds stress to your own stress, my advice...take care of number 1. I dought they were fired for following instructions.....more to the story and I don't care what it is....they eat their own. You were given another diad with that routes Orion loaded in it, makes sense to me.

Just the one dude. He was a 20 year veteran driver, only went in to management to avoid having to get his knee's operated on.

Really good dude. And yes, they eat their own. These folks we've got know I could care less about.

But when you worked side by side with a dude for 10+ years, and you get to know him and his family, then he gets the big :censored2: after he is in management while all the screw ups get promoted, yeah, it sucks.

By The Book

Just the one dude. He was a 20 year veteran driver, only went in to management to avoid having to get his knee's operated on.

Really good dude. And yes, they eat their own. These folks we've got know I could care less about.

But when you worked side by side with a dude for 10+ years, and you get to know him and his family, then he gets the big :censored2: after he is in management while all the screw ups get promoted, yeah, it sucks.
This is why we veteran drivers really discourage any hourly from crossing over. There is no protection! I'm sure you've heard it's basically impossible to get fired as an hourly.

clean hairy

I just work as directed, same as you. Like I said in a previous post if you had a say 32% trace, I would be instructed to have a documented discussion with you about it. That's the big thing the last few weeks is delivering within trace in my district.

The overallowed shouldn't be destroyed that bad should you meet another driver and take stops off of him/her. If you're taking 15 stops off of him it shouldn't take long to transfer it all. It certainly wouldn't be the difference between running scratch and being an hour over.
Lets use your scenario.
I am at 32% trace and making service on all packages.
I run 85% and fail to make service on several.
which do you want?

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Smart man. And you know what the worst part about that whole scenario is? Let's say Driver B agrees to peel the PAL labels off and takes work from Driver A. You know when Driver B gets back to the building and they hand him or her the DIAD, it's going to have Driver A's name in it. So B leaves a sig required. So fast forward 6 weeks and A is in the office being put on notice of discharge for leaving a SIG required that's now gone missing. Take NOTES every single day people. Anything out of the ordinary happens, jot it down. I take copious notes every day for my records.
I actually go into a box and look over my notes from 25 years of driving in my garage! These notes saved me more than once, and got me to my retirement! I would love the look on their face when they saw me taking such notes during those famous morning meetings. I would just say you take notes, I need to take mine!

Dr.Brownz

It's how we were directed by the head of our region to do it.
Biggest problem at ups is center team falsifying reports which are then manipulated more by your bosd for the higher ups. I bet the guys at the top have a very pretty picture of the fantasy land I work in

Dr.Brownz

I just work as directed, same as you. Like I said in a previous post if you had a say 32% trace, I would be instructed to have a documented discussion with you about it. That's the big thing the last few weeks is delivering within trace in my district.

The overallowed shouldn't be destroyed that bad should you meet another driver and take stops off of him/her. If you're taking 15 stops off of him it shouldn't take long to transfer it all. It certainly wouldn't be the difference between running scratch and being an hour over.

Call other driver and set meet: 2 minutes if he answers right away

Drive to.meet: 15 minutes through 5 o clock traffic ( cuz yall b pm dispatching)

Sort and transfer packages 5 to 10 depending on how.much is left to sort

Drive to delivery area 15 minutes.

Yeah not long only 30-40 minutes of delay under decent realistic conditions

Time adds up fast when your not in the office

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454435447.257087.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager

You are "new" to the on road business right? Please say yes...

Meeting on road is a clock sucker I don't care if its 15 stops or 50..fix it in the am.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You are "new" to the on road business right? Please say yes...

Meeting on road is a clock sucker I don't care if its 15 stops or 50..fix it in the am.
You are 100% correct Dragon, but here's the problem.

"Fixing it in the AM" requires the authority to make an operational decision regarding Stops Per Car, which as a front-line supervisor he lacks. Front-line supervisors aren't decision makers, they are plan facilitators...and the plans they facilitate are not their own and are seldom if ever realistic.

tacken

Bury them in hours you work. Drive in drive back out just work those DOT hours. Only so many DOT hours you our allowed..

AKCoverMan

You are 100% correct Dragon, but here's the problem.

"Fixing it in the AM" requires the authority to make an operational decision regarding Stops Per Car, which as a front-line supervisor he lacks. Front-line supervisors aren't decision makers, they are plan facilitators...and the plans they facilitate are not their own and are seldom if ever realistic.
I'm guessing this is why a driver would be sent out in the am obviously over dispatched along with a 2nd DIAD to hand over to whoever it is that inevitably comes to take stops later so that the precious Orion Trace Percentage is pristine.

I'm glad we don't have it yet and no one here has heard one word about it coming. If it wasn't for BC I don't think I would know what ORION is.