new upser

i-man

Hey everyone,
I posted earlier about being terminated after peak season. I was a seasonal.
I talked to HR and was told that I was reinstated. Does this mean I'm on? I have to call in every week to see if I work. Am I now permanent? Sounds good, I just want to know what you veteran upsers think.

QKRSTKR

If u were seasonal and not worked after peak, u r not terminated, just not seasonal anylonger so they dont need u. Termination is for those who have done somethiing wrong. I believe if u work outside of peak/free period, then u would be a newly hired employee. So have u worked since dec.?

i-man

I was informed that if you worked after the new year you were in and will make senoirity.
I know I might not work for awhile but knowing i'm in helps.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
call every day,tell the person who answers the phone you want to work any shift and any position. Being persistent will get you noticed.

i-man

I'm very persistent and have to admit I've been calling in alot. Can you really work any shift even if you were hired as a preloader? I only had a little taste of ups but I love it and want to invest my life into it. If there are any tips anyone can give me or any advise, I would greatly appreciate it

i-man

exactly run as fast as you can and never look back. if i could find another job right now i would leave in a heartbeat..

I see alot of people like to complain. Some people would love to have your job. There are some who say they put in their time and the wait was worth it.
I'm not going to run but if anybody else wants to I'll work for them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm very persistent and have to admit I've been calling in alot. Can you really work any shift even if you were hired as a preloader? I only had a little taste of ups but I love it and want to invest my life into it. If there are any tips anyone can give me or any advise, I would greatly appreciate it

I can only speak for my building, but if the local sort ( reload shift) is short they will use preloaders to staff it. again,calling every day and showing enthusiasm and the desire to work will get you noticed. good luck!