New vans

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Anyone's station getting the new GMC/Chevy vans? They look sharp, but are they any better/worse than the Econolines?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Anyone's station getting the new GMC/Chevy vans? They look sharp, but are they any better/worse than the Econolines?

Wow, new vans? Maybe that will divert our attention from getting our hours slashed. Oooh, a spiffy van, but $200 less per week to drive it! Sounds like the Dano Deal of The Week.

bbsam

Staff member
The one Chevy I had was a 2004 with a 6.0l gas motor. Terrible truck. Bought it with 16000 miles on it. Couldn't keep a tranny in it and had constant misfire problems. The tranny problems I think I understand. Truck was rated at 10500 lbs but the tranny only at about 8700 lbs. Never gonna make that mistake again.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Lol couldn't figure out cold or hot? High speed or low speed? Must be an express driver...
Hey bud,
I happen to have a 2 yr. degree in science.
I also happen to drive a 12 yr. old Grumman 700 all day long that barely produces heat.

STFXG

I was wondering about those myself. Base price of 62k. But rated to hit 310k miles on the engine and trans.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Here's what's really sad. I'm starting to see Ground vehicles that are nicer than ours, which isn't saying very much, but troubling just the same. If you're interested we have some really cool electric vans for sale at Express. never used, and not sure if they run, but then you can say you're "green" too. I think they have enough range to last until noon.

Rhoderunner

Here's what's really sad. I'm starting to see Ground vehicles that are nicer than ours, which isn't saying very much, but troubling just the same. If you're interested we have some really cool electric vans for sale at Express. never used, and not sure if they run, but then you can say you're "green" too. I think they have enough range to last until noon.

Don't they keep those for the parades and air shows ??? :happy-very:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure FedEx's environmental director claims these vehicles are the greatest thing since sliced bread even when they get stuck in public relations manure.

Schlepper

Which new Chevy/GMCs are you referring to? I just went and looked for them, the 2012 Savana looks identical to the '06 I drive. I've seen some HD guys running the Nissan NVs, I've seen the Freightliner P1000s with the new "aero" front end, but have yet to see the Isuzu Reach.

HomeDelivery

one terminal was using nissans NVs from Enterprise the past peak season... looks like you can pack more stuff than the standard GMC/ Ford cargovans because of the boxier body style. I prefer the sliding side door than the barn doors as well.

Reach looks promising, but there are now many choices of upfitted GMC/Ford vehicles being made out there because they see Ground/HD growing in the next few years.

I'd rather work out of a box-body style

photo3.jpg

than those sprinter-like upfitted vehicles i've seen 1st hand...

main-art-L-7.jpg

i've also seen the newer step van body on a Ford E350 & they're cheaper than the Reach

P-700 Ford Step Van (Gas Engine)
photo3.jpg
main-art-L-7.jpg