new video

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If there are dogs in the yard that worry you enough to back down the driveway and throw the package

THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE DELIVERING THERE

Tag an infonotice to the mailbox if you can, honk to get attention, and/or bring the package to the building and have customer called or postcarded
As a dog owner with an invisible fence, IF YOU KILLED MY DOG BECAUSE YOU BACKED INTO MY DRIVEWAY, I WOULD SUE YOU PERSONALLY AND THE COMPANY

Don't take the chance
You obviously deliver in a city. 3/4 of the houses I deliver to I have to drive down the drive. I could just as easily drive over a dog as back over one. Your dog is stupid and gets ran over so sue the driver. Sounds about right.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I drive a P5 and that is plenty big enough for me.
They have a kitchen and bath in those 12's?

My first 5 months on the road I only drove a 500 or 700. I fell on my butt a whole bunch of times after going to the 1200 and 1400 because of that damn step down in the back like the old 1000s.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

rod

Retired 22 years
If a dog is so stupid that he gets ran over by someone backing that slow then he probably won't last long running loose anyway. Heffernan- I realize you like dogs but I'm sure if you checked with you local government agency they will probably have a law or ordinance stating that a home owner must have his dog under control at all times. I'm not saying they have to be on a leash but at least be under his control. These dogs were clearly not under any ones control.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If a dog is so stupid that he gets ran over by someone backing that slow then he probably won't last long running loose anyway. Heffernan- I realize you like dogs but I'm sure if you checked with you local government agency they will probably have a law or ordinance stating that a home owner must have his dog under control at all times. I'm not saying they have to be on a leash but at least be under his control. These dogs were clearly not under any ones control.
I have several dogs on area that will walk right in front of my moving vehicle. You can lay on the horn and they don't care.

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

TheDick

A pkg car that big means hella backing events. My center manager wouldve frisbeed the pkg from the road, get my drift?
Lotta cons on my route adopt rescue dogs, some do the same tail wagging like this dog but I know for sure he'd bite, brown does not want you to get bit, SPORH goes down!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You obviously deliver in a city. 3/4 of the houses I deliver to I have to drive down the drive. I could just as easily drive over a dog as back over one. Your dog is stupid and gets ran over so sue the driver. Sounds about right.

In the company's eyes if you run over and kill a dog on private property you will be charged with an accident.

overflowed

That guy obviously has never met those dogs before and doesn't trust them. I admit they look playful wagging and whatnot but if you pay attention to the dog that keeps approaching keeps barking at him. When I am unfamiliar with dogs I don't know I honk for an annoying amount of time to make the homeowners come out if they're home. They usually come running.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I never trust dogs that I don't own and don't feed. And I've been bit numerous times. Just nips, nothing serious, but I've just learned when I am in uniform, don't trust them. I am with the driver in the video on this one. Package didn't look breakable. But next time, I would sheet as NI1 with dogs in remarks column.

If there are dogs in the yard that worry you enough to back down the driveway and throw the package

Tag an infonotice to the mailbox if you can, honk to get attention, and/or bring the package to the building and have customer called or postcarded
As a dog owner with an invisible fence, IF YOU KILLED MY DOG BECAUSE YOU BACKED INTO MY DRIVEWAY, I WOULD SUE YOU PERSONALLY AND THE COMPANY

Don't take the chance
On the flip side, if you place an order that will be delivered by me, you have invited me to your house.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
On the flip side, if you place an order that will be delivered by me, you have invited me to your house.

You missed the point.

We are taught not to go into driveways especially if factors increase the likelihood of an accident. Examples include snow, ice, 2 DOGS WALKING AROUND THE TRUCK AS YOU REVERSE, young children playing in the driveway

It's just common sense. Doesn't need to be written on a paper for you to sign

Back first

Don't take the chance
The driver was backing at a very slow speed chances of him hitting the dogs was pretty remote. I am sure he was watching the dogs in his mirrors and camera,and knew where they were at all times.