New vote no page ADMIN

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No we did not upstate... Guess your not well versed in teamsters history??

I could give a :censored2: less about Teamster history. What I care about is the majority of Teamsters voted to approve the master and their supplements while several rogue locals thought they could prolong the process by continually voting no on their proposals. The IBT knew that nothing was going to change and did the right thing for the majority by imposing the contract.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I could give a :censored2: less about Teamster history. What I care about is the majority of Teamsters voted to approve the master and their supplements while several rogue locals thought they could prolong the process by continually voting no on their proposals. The IBT knew that nothing was going to change and did the right thing for the majority by imposing the contract.
A majority voted on the MASTER contract.

Each local should have been given the backing by the International to help settle their supplements.

anHOURover

Calling me rogue?? Sounds like your. A meeeeeester..... I don't expect anything less from a balloon making clown from the Empire State

anHOURover

Who wants to work with levin???

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1435803211.775432.jpg

hyena

It was there right to vote no. Shouldn't have been forced on anyone, but I guess that's what you get when our union leaders are in bed with the company

Overpaid Union Thug

A majority voted on the MASTER contract.

Each local should have been given the backing by the International to help settle their supplements.

Wasn't the reason for the IBT forcing the issue to an end because the holdouts were only prolonging their supplements in order to get the Master changed? If so....it was legit per the IBT Constitution. And that was what was explained in the letters that were sent out. At least down here in my area.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Wasn't the reason for the IBT forcing the issue to an end because the holdouts were only prolonging their supplements in order to get the Master changed? If so....it was legit per the IBT Constitution. And that was what was explained in the letters that were sent out. At least down here in my area.

That was the rationale behind it but I'm not quite sure there was any extensive polling of the members or any legitimate attempts to improve those supplements. Disclaimer: I'm just a steward and don't know if the leaders of those locals were negotiating "in bad faith" and were going to try and hold out for a re-opening of the CBA. I know there was some chatter about the hold out locals getting significant improvements over the areas that voted their supplements in on the first round, but that vanished as soon as the supplements were implemented.

Regardless, the IBT Executive Board amended the IBT Constitution in order to impose the contract. This was an unprecedented move that could easily be interpreted as a corrupt one.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That was the rationale behind it but I'm not quite sure there was any extensive polling of the members or any legitimate attempts to improve those supplements. Disclaimer: I'm just a steward and don't know if the leaders of those locals were negotiating "in bad faith" and were going to try and hold out for a re-opening of the CBA. I know there was some chatter about the hold out locals getting significant improvements over the areas that voted their supplements in on the first round, but that vanished as soon as the supplements were implemented.

Regardless, the IBT Executive Board amended the IBT Constitution in order to impose the contract. This was an unprecedented move that could easily be interpreted as a corrupt one.
Article XII, sec VI of the IBT Constitution is an abomination, circumvents local autonomy, while undermining the democratic process.

It must be amended at the convention next summer.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The only ones that said that was the international.

Local 89, at least amoung the 3 locals, had some real issues besides health care.

All that got thrown away when the international imposed their contract on them.