New vote no page ADMIN

ezmoney5150

What's your agenda here ez?

You obviously are attacking anything and everything about friend.Z. snd 89 and if I am not mistaken, you have taken shots at T.S. and 804.

Because everything they do is motivated by they're political aspirtations and who suffers? The members. Yeah! really, They're going to fix the CS Pension Fund. If people believe that I have a bridge to sell you. It's an old bridge, but well made.

Attachments

• 280px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg
    280px-Brooklyn_Bridge_Postdlf.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 118

Overpaid Union Thug

How many people post on a Vote No Facebook page from those locals?

Do you think it's a majority of those local's members?

Should their contracts be imposed upon them for a bunch of Facebook postings?

No.

If the reason they were stalling their local supplements was really an attempt to get what was already covered in the national master than yeah......done deal.

I will never know for sure what the actual overall motive was across all those locals but what I saw on that page, as well as here to a lesser degree, indicated that they were simply being stubborn. I believe in a fair voting process. The only question I have was it really done fairly? If so then....well.....you win some and you lose some.

Keep in mind that I did not vote YES on the master or our supplement. . I'm simply looking at it from a logical and curious standpoint.

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If the reason they were stalling their local supplements was really an attempt to get what was already covered in the national master than yeah......done deal.

I will never know for sure what the actual overall motive was across all those locals but what I saw on that page, as well as here to a lesser degree, indicated that they were simply being stubborn. I believe in a fair voting process. The only question I have was it really done fairly? If so then....well.....you win some and you lose some.
It is correct that you will never know for sure why the negotiations were dragging on so long.

That being the case, you should have supported your fellow rank and file teamsters.

If my local was in a prolonged negotiation, I would hope others would show support for us.

realbrown1

Because everything they do is motivated by they're political aspirtations and who suffers? The members. Yeah! really, They're going to fix the CS Pension Fund. If people believe that I have a bridge to sell you. It's an old bridge, but well made.
Who's been in charge of the CS fund for the last 16+ years?

Look to the Hoffa boys for that.

realbrown1

When a local that has 9000 people (Local 89) can hold up a contract for the rest of the 500,000 members for political reasons then there's obviously a dysfunction. Thats not democracy it's extorsion.
This is how our system works.

And what were they stopping you from getting in the new contract that was so damn important that you could wait a few more months?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Amazon was getting very impatient that the contract wasn't done in the spring of 2013. They put pressure on UPS to get it done. When they're shipping 1 out of 10 packages you tend to listen. If Amazon pulled their business how many layoffs would there be? I remember how many customers we lost in 1997 when we had a bigger market share. How many layoffs would there be if we lost Amazon?

Common Sense.
What? That makes too much sense. People don't care about the business side. They just want to strike.

member6045

Just did some homework!

800 full timers
8800 part timers
In local 89.

Out of the 9600 ups members in this local only 4000 voted on the contract. Tdu is a trip! 95% voted no!!! Over 51% of your members don't care? Or know Z is full of crap.

Information supplied bye TDU
National. Supp
Yes No Yes no
Louisville Local 89 Air Rider 609 4156 441 3,520

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

It is correct that you will never know for sure why the negotiations were dragging on so long.

That being the case, you should have supported your fellow rank and file teamsters.

If my local was in a prolonged negotiation, I would hope others would show support for us.
I support the rule of law first regardless if things don't go my way. If another local is holding things up because they don't like the results of a fair vote that didn't go their way then they are wrong and don't deserve other's support. If they were wronged in the voting process then I'd stand behind them regardless of whether or not the vote tally went my way. It seems (i don't know the IBT constitutional amendment process) that in this case the only way those locals were wronged was if that amendment was added outside if IBTs guidelines on how to add amendments. That's what I'm trying to definitively find out.

realbrown1

I support the rule of law first regardless if things don't go my way. If another local is holding things up because they don't like the results of a fair vote that didn't go their way then they are wrong and don't deserve other's support. If they were wronged in the voting process then I'd stand behind them regardless of whether or not the vote tally went my way. It seems (i don't know the IBT constitutional amendment process) that in this case the only way those locals were wronged was if that amendment was added outside if IBTs guidelines on how to add amendments. That's what I'm trying to definitively find out.
I respect 99% of what you post.

This is the 1% that you are wrong.

You don't know what the hang up really was.

You HEARD and CHOSE to believe it was about health care.

That is where you are wrong.

I believe that the major hang up was the parking lot issues.

Either of us could be right, but neither of us know for 100% certainty.

And without that 100% certainty, you should have backed your union brothers at local 89 and the other 2 locals.

realbrown1

Just did some homework!

800 full timers
8800 part timers
In local 89.

Out of the 9600 ups members in this local only 4000 voted on the contract. Tdu is a trip! 95% voted no!!! Over 51% of your members don't care? Or know Z is full of crap.

Information supplied bye TDU
National. Supp
Yes No Yes no
Louisville Local 89 Air Rider 609 4156 441 3,520
They voted no.

That was enough for me.

realbrown1

If this is the case, I would never admit it.

Striking over parking lot issues?

Many UPS facilities don't even have parking lots.
Who ever said they were going to strike?

And a 30-40 off the clock trip from the parking lot each way(including shuttle wait times) would be enough for me to vote for a strike.

That's just too much wasted personal time to me.

And we know how much UPS values time.