New Wide Brim Hats??

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by lwinkel@flbb.net, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

Someone on chat the other night mentioned the new hats with the wide brim.. I am trying to order one but they cannot figure out where to get it from. Does anyone who has one know the name of the company who is making the hat for UPS. I was told they would get it ordered if I could get more information on how to locate it. I would appreciate help on this information. Thanks

2. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Uniform or personal? UPSERS.com has the links to the company stores.

3. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

Its part of the uniform.. apparently you don't have to have a dr's note anymore.

4. New Englander

New Englander New Member

If it's a uniform item go through your management team. You can't just order uniform items yourself. Especially now that they are keeping a tighter eye on uniforms and cost :)

5. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

My management team is trying to order the hat but need the name brand so they can figure out how to order it.. It is not on any of the forms.

6. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Ahh!

7. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

Our drivers were not allowed to get them without a Dr request. 2 just got theirs and another is still waiting.

8. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Can you explain what these look like compared to the standard hats we have now?

9. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

The first thing that comes to mind is the Indiana Jones hat. It's wide brimmed like that and tall but it has a mesh for part of the crown and water proof canvas on the very top. It really is a very nice looking hat.

10. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I will take a picture tomorrow and post it, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

11. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Freaken sweet! Now I want one to replace the visors I wear!

12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

TTIWWOP!

13. Upslady20

Upslady20 Member

Please get the name of the company that makes the hat when your snapping us a pic.. thanks

14. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

I can do that right now, hang on a sec.

15. New Englander

New Englander New Member

I would appreciate it - hard to imagine it. Is it like a fedora that the brim continues all the way around it?

16. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

What's that?

17. New Englander

New Englander New Member

18. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

AHHH, thanks NE.

19. New Englander

New Englander New Member

Day off today, but I did call in and order 5 sets of the new shorts and one of the hats!

We'll see what they look like when they come in! Longer shorts - I'm really hoping the leg room is a bit baggier fit.

20. Candelaria

Candelaria New Member

There's a picture of the hat, the longer shorts, and a long-sleeved shirt jacket on UPSers.com.