New Wide Brim Hats??

tieguy

Banned
My management team is trying to order the hat but need the name brand so they can figure out how to order it.. It is not on any of the forms.

Its still listed as a special order iteam through regular uniform ordering. if the person calls our uniform supplier they can direct them to the special order page.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Outbacktrading.com

Makes a hell of a hat. They might not like it too well, but it keeps the rain off the head and back.

And guess what.....ITS BROWN:surprised:

d

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Got this off UPSers:

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
The Pullman brown uniforms are not a hot topic in fashion circles, at least not until the new additions are unveiled in our driver operations.

Based on feedback through focus meetings and driver requests, three new items are being added to the uniform catalog. Business Managers should adhere to their district requirements when ordering the new merchandise.

• Longer Shorts – Regular shorts have an average inseam of six inches; the new longer shorts have an increased inseam ranging from eight to 10 inches, depending on the waist size.

• Wide-brimmed hats – In addition to the regular (baseball) hats, wide-brimmed hats now are being offered as a uniform accessory. Physician notes are no longer needed to order these hats.

• Long-sleeved Shirtjac – Short-sleeve shirtjacs have been one of the most popular uniform items. This, coupled with the high demand for long-sleeve shirts, brought about the long-sleeve shirtjac whose demand also was validated in focus group meetings.
Note: The long-sleeve edition is a lightweight fabric that is cooler, and, through the end of the year, can only be ordered through Twin Hill. This also includes areas serviced by Cintas. To order the long-sleeve shirts, call customer service at 866-594-2677.

Wearing wide-brimmed hats and long-sleeve shirtjacs can reduce your exposure to things such as harmful sun rays, scratches, and bug bites.

Managers can order uniforms through their suppliers via the Internet (online), fax, or phone.
[/FONT]

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Ok I must be an airhead I cannot find anything on upsers.com on the new hats... help please..
You won't be able to see it.It is under the LONG ISLAND DISTRICT HEADLINES section.I provided the whole article.there is a phone #.Call it and see if they can help you.

outta hours

Mine should be here on Monday. I'll post a pic as soon as I get it, or I will take a pic of one that some other drivers in my bldg. are wearing already.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I haven't been able to find a picture of this hat either. Is this hat the same one that has been used out west around the Death Valley area for a while?

New Englander

I still think it's high time to add the cargo pocket on the right leg of the pants/shorts like FedEx!

I sweat a whole hell of a lot more via the shoulder/chest area on bulk routes then the leg.

Would save me throwing the first 10 or so sweat ruined DR notes away when I grab them to use them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would like to see the convertible type pants. They are long pants that you can unzip the bottoms off to turn them into shorts. This would be great in the Fall and Spring when its cold in the morning but warms up later on in the day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Whatever new shirts they are providing need to be offered in "big and tall" sizes....half the guys in my center are showing butt-cracks and hairy bellies every time they bend over or lift their arms. The summer jac-shirts are great if you are a midget, but for us big guys they are like a tube top with sleeves.

New Englander

Whatever new shirts they are providing need to be offered in "big and tall" sizes....half the guys in my center are showing butt-cracks and hairy bellies every time they bend over or lift their arms. The summer jac-shirts are great if you are a midget, but for us big guys they are like a tube top with sleeves.

Most items can be ordered in the size and in a tall/long form as well.

I order my long sleeve that way or else I look like Erkle but on the arms instead of legs.

New Englander

In all seriousness though.

Why no cargo pocket? FedEx's pants do not look any less professional for it?

Heck - I'd love to keep the DR notes and a few dog bones in a cargo pocket vs chest pocket.