New Workplace Violence Video

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Has anyone else been asked to "sign off" on the new WPV video (no, I'm not one that "signs" anything)?

This one features what you should do, if an employee "goes postal".

Interesting that this was presented "after" an employee incident (in another city), that happened months ago.

GoodGrief

Has anyone else been asked to "sign off" on the new WPV video (no, I'm not one that "signs" anything)?

Interesting that this was presented "after" an employee incident (in another city), that happened months ago.

Not yet, we have till the end of the month to take it. Can't really blame them....read some of the crap on here...........

check6ii

There have been problems for months.......but I agree its part of the brainwashing campain to prep for things to get bad post October

GoodGrief

Not yet, we have till the end of the month to take it. Can't really blame them....read some of the crap on here...........

Watched it today, and yes...had to sign off on it. But if I remember correctly, we had to sign off every year.

Last edited:

DontThrowPackages

This site is a microcosm of what the workforce is thinking. You have some who believe the company can do no wrong, some the company can do no right and some are somewhere in between.
If someone is going to do something, a video isn't going to stop the person from acting on it. 2 or 3 years into the company, I may have tried to stop someone in the act if I was able. Today, if I were to see someone coming with bad intentions, I would do nothing to risk my safety and leave the situation.
I pray nothing happens but if the wrong person feels he/she has lost then it won't be pretty.

SmithBarney

"leave yourself an out"
Also applies to working inside the building when "postal" employees are around.. find the nearest exit, run like hell!

GoodGrief

This site is a microcosm of what the workforce is thinking. You have some who believe the company can do no wrong, some the company can do no right and some are somewhere in between.
If someone is going to do something, a video isn't going to stop the person from acting on it. 2 or 3 years into the company, I may have tried to stop someone in the act if I was able. Today, if I were to see someone coming with bad intentions, I would do nothing to risk my safety and leave the situation.
I pray nothing happens but if the wrong person feels he/she has lost then it won't be pretty.

And that's exactly what you should do. If you watched the video, then you know that your first move should be to get the hell out of there if possible.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

My take is that this is CYA for FedEx. That way, if you get shot by an irate co-worker, their liability will be "reduced" since you were "warned" and given instructions on how to protect yourself. If I had to work next to a few of the Purple People on here, I'd probably go postal too.No video is going to protect you from a genuine crazy. If you do a bit of research on people who "go-off", they've usually been planning it for a long time. Something might set them off, but they don't just "snap".

Given what's happening at Express right now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a major incident. FedEx knows this, and they're planning ahead to reduce their exposure. They could care less about you.

Remember, if you get offed, they'll send a card and flowers because they "care" so much. I doubt that they would even be able to spell your name right on it.

check6ii

My take is that this is CYA for FedEx. That way, if you get shot by an irate co-worker, their liability will be "reduced" since you were "warned" and given instructions on how to protect yourself. If I had to work next to a few of the Purple People on here, I'd probably go postal too.No video is going to protect you from a genuine crazy. If you do a bit of research on people who "go-off", they've usually been planning it for a long time. Something might set them off, but they don't just "snap".

Given what's happening at Express right now, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there was a major incident. FedEx knows this, and they're planning ahead to reduce their exposure. They could care less about you.

Remember, if you get offed, they'll send a card and flowers because they "care" so much. I doubt that they would even be able to spell your name right on it.

Saddest part is, is I think you are right. I have a carry permit. I sometimes park next door and keep my .45 in the glove box while Im working. Sad, but we do have the right to protect ourselves. I do however stay within FredEx Law.

check6ii

Its already happened......remember the pilot who took a hammer to the other pilot in the cockpit and whose goal was to crash the plane into Memphis hub????? It will most likely happen again.......FedEx takes the nicest peeps, and transforms them into wackos......sad but true!