New Year New FedEx

DRAisawesome

As I'm sitting at home drinking away my sorrows from peak. I got thinking of a new year's resolution. I think mine is to get out of this :censored2: stain called FedEx. I will have my 8 years this year and that I think is enough. I have seen multiple people leave this year and have talked to them. They have never been happier. So just a shout out to all my browncafe peeps. What will your new years resolution be?

Dex01

Banned
A commendable resolution, but your efforts may be a wee bit late. I suspect it will take you (based on my own empirical data) 80-90 applications, and somewhere between 6-10 interviews to accomplish this feat, which again, based on my own empirical data, could take somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years. At that point, the system will either have completely imploded, or it will no longer be worth your while to pursue such efforts. Anyway, my two cents, tick tock tick tock...

thedownhillEXPRESS

A commendable resolution, but your efforts may be a wee bit late. I suspect it will take you (based on my own empirical data) 80-90 applications, and somewhere between 6-10 interviews to accomplish this feat, which again, based on my own empirical data, could take somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years. At that point, the system will either have completely imploded, or it will no longer be worth your while to pursue such efforts. Anyway, my two cents, tick tock tick tock...
Wow, Mister buzzkill...
You must be a conservative.....,.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Totally depends on what other skills DRA may posses.
I happen to have a degree in science from my former field of work. I could always go back to that field.

Maybe Mr. DRA has some sort of other skill that might be in demand.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I suspect it will take you (based on my own empirical data) 80-90 applications, and somewhere between 6-10 interviews to accomplish this feat, which again, based on my own empirical data, could take somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 years.
Or much quicker than that if you know the right people.

FUFred

As I'm sitting at home drinking away my sorrows from peak. I got thinking of a new year's resolution. I think mine is to get out of this :censored2: stain called FedEx. I will have my 8 years this year and that I think is enough. I have seen multiple people leave this year and have talked to them. They have never been happier. So just a shout out to all my browncafe peeps. What will your new years resolution be?
I too have never been happier and I got fired. It took me a while to get a new job but it was worth it. This year was the first time in 9 years I was able to do Christmas things. Many of my family members where shocked when I showed up on Christmas rather then just sleep the entire day. Going to friends houses for parties, get togethers, you get to have a life. I hate malls but I went shopping with my girlfriend, it was kinda nice. Many of my friends have commented to me I'm happier, nicer, not a miserable piss of sh@@ anymore. It's true. The Only drawn back is I gained 10 pounds because I'm not running around anymore. Best of luck to you.

FUFred

Also, You can do it. I have a liberal arts degree form a state college, so that helped a lot, or I thought it would. I contacted the alumni board, went back and worked with someone on my resume. Last time I updated it was in 2000. I was shocked at what we came up with, all of it true, no bs and it helped me land a job, a career. Yes, I have a degree, but what many interviewers talked about was what I did at fedex. Most of the interview was about fedex. My current position is with a local company and I'm a of trainer/consultant. The skills I have to do my job came from fedex, I know hard to believe. After I was offered the job I asked my boss, was the main reason for hiring based on work experience or education. She said my education hadn't come into play because I don't have a business degree. She said 9 years working for fedex did, I again was speechless. The company I still hate, help me develop skills to land my current job. You just need someone who can dissect your work experience and re-word it, remember you are selling yourself. I've steered other former co-workers to resume workshops and they too have had success. I sent out 173 applications with cover letters all over the state I'm in and a few out of state. Out of those applications I landed 7 interviews and out of those came 2 jobs offers. It can be done but it will take a lot of hard work and effort. Good luck.

bbsam

Staff member
You know what? That is a fantastic idea. I've gotten pretty complacent in my career and I certainly like it, but suddenly I'm wondering what else might be out there. I imagine somebody might be able to dress up my Fedex experience fairly well. Maybe I'll shop it around a bit.