New Year New FedEx

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Totally depends on what other skills DRA may posses.
I happen to have a degree in science from my former field of work. I could always go back to that field.

Maybe Mr. DRA has some sort of other skill that might be in demand.

This is one thing I don't understand. You have a degree and hate your job. Why stay? I only have a HS education and have worked at FedEx almost ALL my adult life. I would be out of here SO fast if I could.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is one thing I don't understand. You have a degree and hate your job. Why stay? I only have a HS education and have worked at FedEx almost ALL my adult life. I would be out of here SO fast if I could.

I have a degree but have not been in a classroom since 1989. At this point, with 5 years left, my options are limited.

TUT

Make it to 2015, wasn't a good year health wise for me.

Word of advice to OP and others like him/her. There is almost always a better job around the corner if you want it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have a degree but have not been in a classroom since 1989. At this point, with 5 years left, my options are limited.

Yeah, but you like your job and get paid VERY well, so I can understand why you stay where you are. Why leave now? I'm talking about people who have a degree and have been around for a much shorter time, and will NEVER reach top pay.

DRAisawesome

I agree. The top guys at FedEx have no idea and I mean no idea what people with less than 12 yrs are going through. They just think it's still the same old fedex. So sad.

MAKAVELI

I agree. The top guys at FedEx have no idea and I mean no idea what people with less than 12 yrs are going through. They just think it's still the same old fedex. So sad.
I don't excuse ignorance. There is no way the topped out couriers don't know what's going on. They just choose to act like they don't know and look the other way. Some have the act down very good and should win an academy award for it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't excuse ignorance. There is no way the topped out couriers don't know what's going on. They just choose to act like they don't know and look the other way. Some have the act down very good and should win an academy award for it.

As a formerly topped-out courier, now getting screwed on a DAILY basis, what is it that you think topped-out couriers are supposed to do about it? They have no power. They are just biding their time, and praying they make it to retirement with no long-term injuries. Seriously, I don't understand what you expect of them......

MAKAVELI

As a formerly topped-out courier, now getting screwed on a DAILY basis, what is it that you think topped-out couriers are supposed to do about it? They have no power. They are just biding their time, and praying they make it to retirement with no long-term injuries. Seriously, I don't understand what you expect of them......
Most of them play dumb when you tell them how much a midrange driver is making. I'm sorry but at my station they are the first to refuse work and first to clock out. And they are not being boned like the rest of us. In my book that doesn't gain respect with me.

DontThrowPackages

Top guys are fully aware to the fact the company has eliminated topping out. To a man, they say they're glad they joined at the time they did. Topped guys, who's wives make more than them, guys who inherited homes or big money, aren't shaken by the treatment of the company as nearly as much as the topped out guys who are on their own, paying child support or living in an area where rent/mortgage is trying. Those guys are just trying to make it to retirement and move away. Some of these employees are sympathetic to the situation of the mid-range and low-range guys. Some can't care less. One thing is for sure, mid-range and lower range guys see themselves doing the same work as the topped out guys for less pay. So what's the incentive to work harder or as hard as the topped out guy? There is none. WAD equals mediocrity but you get what you pay for.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Most of them play dumb when you tell them how much a midrange driver is making. I'm sorry but at my station they are the first to refuse work and first to clock out. And they are not being boned like the rest of us. In my book that doesn't gain respect with me.

Back to my question.... What is it you want them to do? Write you a check for the difference in your pay and theirs? After watching their excellent benefits and perks get whittled away at for years, can you blame them for refusing work and being the first ones to punch out? Loyalty be damned! Senior couriers are getting boned EVERY day. You probably came in after a lot of those perks were gone and deal with a different kind of boning. Your animosity is aimed in the wrong direction. Try the top, of FedEx, not top pay couriers.

dezguy

Back to my question.... What is it you want them to do? Write you a check for the difference in your pay and theirs? After watching their excellent benefits and perks get whittled away at for years, can you blame them for refusing work and being the first ones to punch out? Loyalty be damned! Senior couriers are getting boned EVERY day. You probably came in after a lot of those perks were gone and deal with a different kind of boning. Your animosity is aimed in the wrong direction. Try the top, of FedEx, not top pay couriers.

Obviously it is different there than it is up here. We have nothing stopping us from organizing except topped out couriers who don't care about those who are doing the same job as them, yet getting far less pay. Some of these couriers feel like they're the only one's who deserve to be topped out simply because they were with the company when it first started and "made it what it is." They feel that unionizing won't benefit them so why should they allow it to benefit anyone else.

MAKAVELI

What is it that you want me to do? Get down on my knees and tell them I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy? Give me a freakin break. Let me repeat myself. They are not getting boned like us. So please save the bs for someone who doesn't work here.

FUFred

So many people would say to me while I was working at Fedex, “ you have a college degree why stay if you hate it so bad.” My answer is, I cannot search for a job full time and work full time. Making $42k as a courier was great money for me. I have no kids, no house, no credit cards, just student loans, normal utilities, I split my expenses with my girlfriend, we have a small apartment, we each have our own car and we travel a lot when on vacation. Its hard finding a job that would pay me the same STARTING out.
Each resume was custom to the job I was applying to. I just couldn't send out the same thing to 173 different companies. It was luck, yes lucky I was fired because I spent about 8-9 hours a day searching for a job. I got up around 7 am, had breakfast, showered and then work. I sat at my desk and applied. I wrote and rewrote letters, at 12-1 pm id take a lunch break and come to this site. From 1pm- 530pm back at job hunting. Many times id eat dinner then back at it from 730-10pm. It was a full time job to get the job I wanted.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So many people would say to me while I was working at Fedex, “ you have a college degree why stay if you hate it so bad.” My answer is, I cannot search for a job full time and work full time. Making $42k as a courier was great money for me. I have no kids, no house, no credit cards, just student loans, normal utilities, I split my expenses with my girlfriend, we have a small apartment, we each have our own car and we travel a lot when on vacation. Its hard finding a job that would pay me the same STARTING out.
Each resume was custom to the job I was applying to. I just couldn't send out the same thing to 173 different companies. It was luck, yes lucky I was fired because I spent about 8-9 hours a day searching for a job. I got up around 7 am, had breakfast, showered and then work. I sat at my desk and applied. I wrote and rewrote letters, at 12-1 pm id take a lunch break and come to this site. From 1pm- 530pm back at job hunting. Many times id eat dinner then back at it from 730-10pm. It was a full time job to get the job I wanted.

I'm very happy for you. It's nice to see people doing well after FedEx. Congratulations!

DontThrowPackages

......and we travel a lot when on vacation.
One positive about this job is vacation time. So many customers are envious of the fact that it seems, to them, I'm on vacation every other month. It's a nice perk so you know they're going to do away with them soon. Just enjoy them til that time comes we'll all be down to just one week.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One positive about this job is vacation time. So many customers are envious of the fact that it seems, to them, I'm on vacation every other month. It's a nice perk so you know they're going to do away with them soon. Just enjoy them til that time comes we'll all be down to just one week.
Jeez, don't give 'em any ideas.

vantexan

Are you thinking those with more than 12 years are topped out? I left a few months shy of 15 years, and was closer to starting pay than top-out. Believe me, by the time you get to 13-14 yrs, and nowhere near top pay, it grinds on you more and more.