New Year's Eve

upsman68

I was scheduled off today and about 11:30 my sup calls a leaves me a message to see if I could come I'm. Of course I was on the golf course and already had a few beers in me so I could not.
I talked to a driver who was working and they predicted the volume wrong. They only scheduled 22 drivers today and many if them were going out with 150----200 stops.
I am glad I was not working today even though it was double time.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was scheduled off today and about 11:30 my sup calls a leaves me a message to see if I could come I'm. Of course I was on the golf course and already had a few beers in me so I could not.
I talked to a driver who was working and they predicted the volume wrong. They only scheduled 22 drivers today and many if them were going out with 150----200 stops.
I am glad I was not working today even though it was double time.
Hope you broke 80 !!

Notretiredyet

We had 1500 more stops than planned, almost worked 8hrs. It was still a walk in the park, only people stressing were the center manager and OC luv days like this.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I went in, my forecast of 50 stops turned out to be 102 for the two combined routes I was supposed to run. They had to put in an extra route using a Saturday Air Driver. I had fifty stops and worked Five and a half hours, it was an easy day.

DS

Fenderbender
We started at 7:30 due to no preload.The plan...no ground,only air
was to be delivered.I had a mishmash of crap in my truck.
I ended up going home too,seniority is my friend.

Damm it. It's New Year's Eve and I just tried to rep someone and it said I've given out to much in the last 24 hours. Can a mod wave this for blme just once please.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Think this has a little to do with amazon prime? That would be my guess. I still don't understand how the forecasts can be off so much though. I mean we should have access to every tracking number out there. Short of weather or wrecks our forecasts should be very close.

Kman845

Forced to work. 3 combined routes, 126 stops, 115 miles, 10.25 hrs.

After 8hrs worked does 1.5x pay become double time??

working up a sweat

I work inside of an air hub. They had a plane coming in this evening, so they schedule a sort on New Years Eve. FTers reported to work at 18:30 and PTers at 23:00. 33 of 75 scheduled to work showed up. Sort did not finish until 3:00 AM New Years Day. I just got home.

Kylew

5 different routes combined to 1 91 stops 2 pu start time 7:45 punched at 6 easy money!!They decided to eat 3 routes today I heard we have drivers with 10 plus late air!Another good call by management.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Got a call from on car begging me to come into yesterday due to unexpected volume coming into our center. Had no real plans for the day so I told him if they kept me LIGHT I would help them out. Drove to my satellite center and waited almost two hours for my parcels. Ended up with 41 stops, 64 parcels and 205 miles. Easy day all around and finished in 9 1/2 hours. Going to take the $600 I made and buy four tickets for my family to watch my Vikings kick some more Packer butt on Saturday.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Got a call from on car begging me to come into yesterday due to unexpected volume coming into our center. Had no real plans for the day so I told him if they kept me LIGHT I would help them out. Drove to my satellite center and waited almost two hours for my parcels. Ended up with 41 stops, 64 parcels and 205 miles. Easy day all around and finished in 9 1/2 hours. Going to take the $600 I made and buy four tickets for my family to watch my Vikings kick some more Packer butt on Saturday.

Traitor.