New Years Eve

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Dec 28, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

They're saying they need 30 something volunteers for New Year's Eve Day (Tuesday) in my center and so far only 1 person has signed the sheet. I was gonna sign for the time and a half + holiday pay, but if they force junior up I'll be forced anyway so no point in signing I guess.

Anyone working Tuesday?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am working and will be starting at 8am. When I signed the sheet I made sure to let them know that I want to deliver on my and the adjacent city routes and that I want to work for hours only. I worked the day after Christmas and ended up working nearly 12 hours without taking a lunch or break----I certainly don't want to do that again, especially on a day that I volunteer to work. We are looking for 10 drivers and, as of Friday evening, I was the only one to have signed the sheet.

3. Pkgcar1988

Pkgcar1988 Active Member

I think they are forcing 38 or so in my center, and yes I am one of them. Another first in the last 5 yrs.

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

One year my center manager had the bright idea to force everyone to come in when they really only needed about 1/3 as many. Then after everyone was there tried to send the extra people home. I said, screw you. I'm here now. Pay me.

5. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Only time and a half? We get double. I plan on working but there are a lot of people on the list and 8 years seniority may not be enough. Easy easy money and daddy needs car parts.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Straight time plus holiday pay.

7. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Double time in my local. Still tapped out from the long peak hours. Zero chance this guy is working the holiday. Will be calling in on Monday and enjoying a 5 day break to recuperate.

8. Excellent!

9. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Crazy how our supplements very so much

Sent from Nexus 7 using BrownCafe mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
  10. Back first

Back first Active Member

Not working. The last time I worked if was a big mess! I will be skiing instead.

11. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

This is the right way to say it.
    Some people call this double time. It is not.

12. upsman68

upsman68 Active Member

Double time for us. We need 40 at our center.

13. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I signed up. The day after Thanksgiving and New Years Eve is some of the easiest money to be made as a driver. And at double time!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Double time plus holiday pay in my local.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. over9five

That's awesome. Even I might have volunteered for that.
    They must always have enough volunteers, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  16. cachsux

cachsux Wah

"Sorry but the least best swing drivers don't know the area. Here's a flashlight."

17. Brownslave688

What do u mean? We get double time and then Paid 8 for the holiday. Some call that triple time. Like the day after thanksgiving.

18. Brownslave688

For the most part. It used to be if you volunteered you got paid straight or time and a half not sure. If forced it was double. Well the bottom always got forced.

They changed it to everyone gets double time and now they rarely have to force from the bottom. I have never had to work the day after thanksgiving. Not even year 1 when only 2 people were under me.

19. over9five

I just mean I don't count the holiday pay. I'd get that if I stayed home!

20. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Double time plus 8 holiday here. I requested 8 and will get 10. If you're gunna work at this place, why not work when you get paid twice your normal rate and do 20% of your normal workload.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List