New Years Eve

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They're saying they need 30 something volunteers for New Year's Eve Day (Tuesday) in my center and so far only 1 person has signed the sheet. I was gonna sign for the time and a half + holiday pay, but if they force junior up I'll be forced anyway so no point in signing I guess.

Anyone working Tuesday?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am working and will be starting at 8am. When I signed the sheet I made sure to let them know that I want to deliver on my and the adjacent city routes and that I want to work for hours only. I worked the day after Christmas and ended up working nearly 12 hours without taking a lunch or break----I certainly don't want to do that again, especially on a day that I volunteer to work. We are looking for 10 drivers and, as of Friday evening, I was the only one to have signed the sheet.

oldngray

nowhere special
One year my center manager had the bright idea to force everyone to come in when they really only needed about 1/3 as many. Then after everyone was there tried to send the extra people home. I said, screw you. I'm here now. Pay me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They're saying they need 30 something volunteers for New Year's Eve Day (Tuesday) in my center and so far only 1 person has signed the sheet. I was gonna sign for the time and a half + holiday pay, but if they force junior up I'll be forced anyway so no point in signing I guess.

Anyone working Tuesday?
Only time and a half? We get double. I plan on working but there are a lot of people on the list and 8 years seniority may not be enough. Easy easy money and daddy needs car parts.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Double time in my local. Still tapped out from the long peak hours. Zero chance this guy is working the holiday. Will be calling in on Monday and enjoying a 5 day break to recuperate.

I am working and will be starting at 8am. When I signed the sheet I made sure to let them know that I want to deliver on my and the adjacent city routes and that I want to work for hours only. I worked the day after Christmas and ended up working nearly 12 hours without taking a lunch or break----I certainly don't want to do that again, especially on a day that I volunteer to work. We are looking for 10 drivers and, as of Friday evening, I was the only one to have signed the sheet.

"Sorry but the least best swing drivers don't know the area. Here's a flashlight."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's awesome. Even I might have volunteered for that.
They must always have enough volunteers, right?
For the most part. It used to be if you volunteered you got paid straight or time and a half not sure. If forced it was double. Well the bottom always got forced.

They changed it to everyone gets double time and now they rarely have to force from the bottom. I have never had to work the day after thanksgiving. Not even year 1 when only 2 people were under me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Double time plus 8 holiday here. I requested 8 and will get 10. If you're gunna work at this place, why not work when you get paid twice your normal rate and do 20% of your normal workload.