New Years Eve

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Plan on sleeping in, going out for afternoon cocktails, getting home early enough to maybe grill some steak and shrimp and maybe taking care of business after. An extra hundred or two wont change my life.

jaker

trolling
Here in the west it's time and half worked and holiday pay , but me i don't care if it was quadruple pay I still won't be there on a day that I am not supposed to work

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I don't care if its quadruple time. Some things are more important than a few extra bucks that the govt is going take anyway. My son and I have a tradition of seeing a movie on New Years Eve. UPS can do without me for a day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I volunteered to work so that a younger driver can spend time with his family. My son and I will go out for dinner when I get off work and he will then go out with his friends that night.

oldngray

nowhere special
Isn't that strange how things change as you get older? I'm sure I'll know it's midnight by the mix of fireworks and gunfire - lol

When is it midnight when you are in different time zones? Some people might be Ovah and done by the time it gets to midnight in your area.

oldngray

nowhere special
LOL
Didn't Ovah tell you? He's visiting the happiest place on earth… gingerkatland:wink2:
2153510508_22d2135ddd_z.jpg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
About 20 years ago I endured the Times Square experience. A buddy and I got there 7 hours early and stood corralled with thousands of others in the windy 9 degree NYC streets. There was nowhere to go to the bathroom. If you had to go, the police would let you out of the barriers into the aisle but you were made to leave and not allowed to return. We spent the night drinking some kind of booze from a McDonalds cup or something (wasn't 21 yet) and flirting with a few Swedish girls. I'm glad I did it but once was enough for a lifetime.

Now I'm old enough that my ideal New Year's Eve would probably be a nice steak dinner in the city followed by a late night comedy show then a few drinks in a pub/tavern watching the ball drop from the warmth of indoors...however my wife has started this new "I'm spending every New Year's Eve with the kids" crap so date night is out of the question. I'm sure I'll end up in my living room entertaining people and watching tv when I'd rather be upstairs sleeping.