New Years Eve

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Only the to 15 drivers out of 82 are exempt from calling in today. They are playing the same game they did after Thanksgiving. Rather than tell drivers they are working on the day before they are being a pain to many with high to mid seniority. I almost have 30 years in and they want me to call in. Are you kidding me? Chances are I won't work but still I am sick of these stupid games.

Johney

Don't you loose holiday pay when you take a vacation week during one? Isn't it the rule that you must work the day before or the day after a holiday to receive the 8 hour pay? And naturally, you loose that extra day off.
Nope, I got 45 hours vaca time and 16 hours holiday.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Only the to 15 drivers out of 82 are exempt from calling in today. They are playing the same game they did after Thanksgiving. Rather than tell drivers they are working on the day before they are being a pain to many with high to mid seniority. I almost have 30 years in and they want me to call in. Are you kidding me? Chances are I won't work but still I am sick of these stupid games.
We could put a stop to that real quick.

I would say 40 out of 60 in my building have a start time today. If those 40 would show up and demand to be paid their 8. The next holiday many more would be scheduled off.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm always disappointed with the amount of my vacation check. Always way less than my regular checks with 5-10 hrs OT :speechless:

There are a couple drivers in my center who take the holiday weeks like Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day because the checks have the extra 8 hours. Personally, I don't take vacation on a week I'll only work 4 days anyways. :laughing2:

Cementups

Box Monkey
Got a call form the guy running my work today and he told me he has over a hundred stops. My non-peak range is about a hundred and they have our guys running that on a "holiday" Craziness. I chose to sleep in till 10:30 while the kids were downstairs watching TV and playing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
There are a couple drivers in my center who take the holiday weeks like Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day because the checks have the extra 8 hours. Personally, I don't take vacation on a week I'll only work 4 days anyways. :laughing2:

I do the same as you usually. I used to try and take the week before holidays so I could have the extra day off. While guys like Dave and ones I work with say you "get an extra days pay" I say you're screwing yourself out of a day off.

Notretiredyet

Decided walking in yesterday when it was below zero with the windchill, that I wasn't working today. Ran some errands this am, now I'm back on the couch. Looks like Thursday is going to be fun, we've got a bunch of snow coming New Years Day.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Decided walking in yesterday when it was below zero with the windchill, that I wasn't working today. Ran some errands this am, now I'm back on the couch. Looks like Thursday is going to be fun, we've got a bunch of snow coming New Years Day.
Call off. Drake a well deserved break after a long peak. You have my permission. Take Friday off 2. You did a great job this peak. See you next Monday

[/URL]

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I do the same as you usually. I used to try and take the week before holidays so I could have the extra day off. While guys like Dave and ones I work with say you "get an extra days pay" I say you're screwing yourself out of a day off.
Took the week of Labor Day this year. Partly so I can stay at the campground and enjoy the solitude when all the families head out on Monday, and partly to use the extra day as a day owed personal day later in the fall.

Notretiredyet

As far as vacations go I always take ones that are longer due to holidays being before or after them. Took 2 of them this year, week after July 4th and week before Labor Day.

Inthegame

Took the week of Labor Day this year. Partly so I can stay at the campground and enjoy the solitude when all the families head out on Monday, and partly to use the extra day as a day owed personal day later in the fall.

Never heard an "in lieu of" day refered to as a day owed P day... Way to go Aaron Rodgers!!!