New Years plans

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My parents offered to baby sit. His wife is very picky though. I think daycare and grandparents are about all that have watched them. Oh well
My son is the same way with his kids, all 7 of them. They asked me to babysit while they went on a cruise. I couldnt do it. I had the week off but had doc appointments in the middle of the week. The downfall of a m-friend job. And to leave and get back to work after 7 of them I would need a few more days, LOL

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I made a fantastic prime rib for Christmas.

Put it on the smoker at 210 until the internal temp was 130. Pulled it and stoked the fire till it was 600. Put it back on and put a nice crust on all sides. Pulled it, sliced and ate. It was done to perfection. Start to finish is took 2.5 hours.

I LOVE the crispy fat on the edge of prime rib. :drool
I want to learn that method.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Im not liking my sauerkraut and pork after these pictures, and descriptions. Oh well old habits die hard......

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ham, I know, Its awful, but I made it. For Christmas. That was what hubby and my guests who never showed up wanted!! So hubby said, "ill make ham and bean soup" I said cool go for it, I dont want beans and grease. It was so greasy I wouldnt give it to my dog. But then again, my dog eats a lean diet, LOL.

M

Mike hunt

Going out to dinner with the wife and kids plus the mother in law. Come home watch a movie and probably go to bed before midnight. Looks like I'm going to work about six hours today at double time. Tomorrow will be a good day with the college playoff games. Can't wait.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
Tv, maybe a few drinks, and maybe deer or turkey for dinner depending on what walks through my yard.

Living in the boonies has its advantages.

rod

Retired 22 years
We don't do the Full New Years Eve thing anymore. Maybe go out for a couple of drinks with friends but normally back home by 8ish. I guess the wife wants us take her Mother to the VFW for a special New Years Eve Bingo night tonight. She's getting up there in age (86) so we will probably be spending time doing what she wants to do because like the wife says 'she isn't going to be here forever" and she's the only "parent" left for us. I really don't mind---The VFW has cold beer and who knows---I might even win a few bucks.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Got the kraut and kielbasa in the oven. Later we are going to the in-laws where I will fall asleep upon the couch. Tomorrow we are going to see the new Hobbit movie.

Z

ZQXC

I will be in bed before 10, get a good restful sleep.
Learned a long time ago, the New Year gets here with or without me.