New Years Resolutions For Your Career At UPS.

Cementups

Box Monkey
He fell off a 3 wheeler and broke his shoulder.

@Cementups, would you please explain to Dave once again that you were not riding a 3-wheeler?

It was an offroad go-kart. Here I am PRIOR to the incident. And I did NOT fall off. I was securely buckled in a five point harness. I stuck my arm out when it rolled and it caught the ground and fractured my humerus.

How do you get denied? Isn't it thru the union,? I'm shocked UPS did't say you abandened ur area.

There is a clause in our benefits contract that says if you were injured while riding any kind of all-terrain vehicle such as an ATV or such, Teamsters will deny your disability claim. Farm equipment and golf carts are excluded from that.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
There is a clause in our benefits contract that says if you were injured while riding any kind of all-terrain vehicle such as an ATV or such, Teamsters will deny your disability claim. Farm equipment and golf carts are excluded from that.

Dang! I would have done lots more doughnuts in the fairways if I had known that!

Cementups

Box Monkey
It was an offroad go-kart. Here I am PRIOR to the incident. And I did NOT fall off. I was securely buckled in a five point harness. I stuck my arm out when it rolled and it caught the ground and fractured my humerus.

I forgot to add the pic of me driving one of the gokarts before my accident.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You've been out a year with a broken arm?
Since Labor Day weekend. 4 months. And it was my humerus where it connects to my shoulder. The bone itself healed a month or so ago but the last three months I've been in therapy trying to get my range of motion back. I'm about 90% there. Just only a few small limitations. I had a damaged tissue and muscle.

Returntosender

Since Labor Day weekend. 4 months. And it was my humerus where it connects to my shoulder. The bone itself healed a month or so ago but the last three months I've been in therapy trying to get my range of motion back. I'm about 90% there. Just only a few small limitations. I had a damaged tissue and muscle.
Did you get a MRI to show soft tissue damage?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ok that makes more sense. No idea why I thought you'd been out so long but yeah shoulder issues suck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Did you get a MRI to show soft tissue damage?

Negative. Didn't really need it. I have a good team working on me and making sure I get back in good working shape to get back to work. Between my therapist, my chiropractor and my massage therapist, I'm probably a bit ahead than most people would be.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Negative. Didn't really need it. I have a good team working on me and making sure I get back in good working shape to get back to work. Between my therapist, my chiropractor and my massage therapist, I'm probably a bit ahead than most people would be.
Most people this happens to is in their 70's and 80's.