New York Stats

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
You said it right, baseball is a business...It's not a sport anymore like it was...That makes it boring in my opinion, I have more fun watching sports where each team has a equally fair chance of winning based on trades and drafts. You named 4 players on the whole Yankees lineup and you forgot Posada if I was to add one but that is still just a small piece of the puzzle regardless. Other sports have inherited the salary cap and it's worked out very well...

I honestly don't want to see the yankees make the playoffs 9/10 years for the rest of my life, and it will happen since they can always spend extra money. That's boring in my opinion, If they win based on just the few guys you mentioned, cool...It's also boring when my favorite players from different teams decide to join the yankees based on more money...It's even more boring when I hear loyal baseball fans say the yankees are "suppose to win" and then when they do win it's even more boring :whiteflag:

So you're bored then?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Two things that killed the World Series # 1 Joe Buck !!!
#2 Tim McCarver Boy these guys suck more than the Yankees !!!!!!!!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
And the Yankees also pay 27 million dollars a year in a luxury tax which your team does not. Face the facts, baseball is a business and even though the Yankees outspend your team, they make more money and the team is worth more money. Dont knock on a team because they just happen to know how to make money and win at the same time. Nothing prevents your team from spending the same if not more. Jeter, Pettitte,Cano,and Rivera are the heart of this team and were not bought, they were homegrown.

It's nice that the Yanks dole out this money to help other teams be more competitive. Too bad many of these teams put the cash on their balance sheets instead of investing in players. That was not the intent.