Newb

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by Figment62882, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Figment62882

Figment62882 New Member

I literally just started today as a package handler and was wondering if anyone has any advice.
    I did pretty good until I got slammed with about 60, 50 pound packages and fell super behind. I know it's a learning curve but just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks just nervous about going back tomorrow I don't want to totally fail
    Thanks in advance

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

You will bomb until you get used to it. Tips? Show up on time everyday, eager to work. Do what you are told as best as you can and work safely, don't be afraid to ask for help with lifting.

3. Figment62882

Figment62882 New Member

Hahaha I thought it was just a smile no idea they meant stuff haha thanks for responding good to know doing horrible at first is normal

4. Bend at the knees and lift with ease.

5. jibbs

jibbs Long Live the Chief

Audit = failed

That's lift with a smooth, steady motion, my good man.

6. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Read more and post less. Many, many people have posted the exact same questions that you have.

7. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Wah

8. TheTruthOfBrown

TheTruthOfBrown New Member

Work smarter, not harder. Your body will adjust and you'll learn how to deal with getting put in a load like that . If not , they'll send someone else to that trailer :clown:.

9. BigBeef42

BigBeef42 Active Member

Bust your arse untill you earn seniority... then work slower to save your spine.

Less Runnin, More Stunnin

10. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

Work at your on pace. Don't worry about anything else. If anyone says anything to you, just say okay and do it the way you were doing it. F em.

11. Figment62882

Figment62882 New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice today was a lot better, still got behind at one point but I'm getting the hang of it