Newbie Advice Regarding Time off

Discussion in 'UPS Freight' started by brownbaggin, Nov 19, 2014.

1. brownbaggin

brownbaggin New Member

So, I have been with UPS for a little over two months ( I'm on the books). I work the preload and requested to leave at 8am four days in advance for an unavoidable personal issue (which was explained) I obviously got denied:( Any Advice?

2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Call in sick

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Call in sick exactly. Their problem not yours. They always act like the show cant go on without you. Guess what it does and it will. Don't feel bad, cause they don't care 1 dam about you at all. All you are to this company is a number. The quicker you learn that the better off you will be.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Did you two miss the part where he said he has only been here got two months? If he calls in sick, especially this close to Peak and with no paid days, he can kiss his job goodbye.

5. brownbaggin

brownbaggin New Member

Do you have any advice? I was literally only looking to leave 45 minutes to an hour early, and now I'm stuck having to make some sort of decision. Again, the personal matter is unavoidable and must take precedent. However, I clearly like working at UPS (well the benefits) Also wondering if my being Union now will impact anything?

6. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Once again, call in dude. Get your kahunas up and do what you gotta do, its that easy.

7. UpstateNYUPSer

...with no paid time and only two months on the books...?

8. scooby0048

The OP is not seasonal, they've made book. How many times do we see the folks with a week on the job call off and keep their jobs or the no call / no shows?

9. scooby0048

You might get lectured and you WON'T get paid but sometimes you just have to take care of issues.

10. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

At 8am jump in your Whip
    And roll

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. brownbaggin

brownbaggin New Member

At this point I kind of have no choice. It definitely sucks though. I am honestly the type who doesn't like to call in unless I'm sick, but my hands seem to be tied.

12. brownbaggin

brownbaggin New Member

Lol

13. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Wait.......how did you get that screen name?

You are not brownbaggin!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. scooby0048

You always have a choice. If it's that important, do what you gotta do. You're not making millions being a preloader. If UPS doesn't like it they will do what they gotta do. If things don't work out, there are many many many jobs that pay better than a new loader with much better hours and flexibility.

15. luislopez

luislopez New Member

Just call in sick an hr before your start up shift

16. UpstateNYUPSer

He's only been here for two months and has no paid time on the books.

17. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

He was cool....I miss brownbaggin. He changed his username before he stopped coming on here after he quit ups.

18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Bang in....you're in the union. You won't get paid for the day. I suggest you don't make a habit of it, or of asking to leave early.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  19. ww1lp

ww1lp Anthony in Connecticut

When in doubt book off! They don't care about family! They are a bunch of phonies! I tried 8 hour requests in the past. They don't lighted the load enough and figure you'll bag your lunch and breaks to get out early

20. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Why do you keep repeating something that doesn't matter?

He has his 30 days in he's in the union. How would he lose his job?