Newbie Driver Helper: lower back pain

browniehound

or if that doesn't help maybe buy some oxy off of a local street dealer. I think street prices will run you around $10 a pill but it's worth it.

Dude, where are you getting oxys for $10 a pop? Where I'm from its about $1 per milligram. Is it becuase you're so close to Mexico?

browniehound

In all my 44,132 days on this planet I have never been more insulted. Please sleep well tonight because I won't.
Unless, I'm doing the math wrong, Diadlover is probably the oldest living person on the planet. And If that really is your picture, damn you look good for 120.

ragu

Tylenol, new shoes, stretching, oxy's, methods? Sorry to have to tell it like it is, but the only real relief for the pain associated with being a helper is - Being under-30, in shape and having no prior aches and pains.
If you want to be be hired on part-time as a package handler all you have to do is apply, they'll probably take you right now regardless of how you do as a helper.
Buying a $100 pair of shoes for a 3 week job really doesn't make much sense, just get some sneakers.

browniehound

Ragu, I'm sorry that you look so old. You must be in your 80's based on the avatar pic. Yet Diadlover has been on the earth for over 14,000 days but doesn't look a day over 30! He must eat like fish and vegatebles everyday:thumbup1:

Miss Victoria

Bluntstone's are good too. Definitely avoid bending over a box to pick it up. I had pain in my back because I was over-using my lower back muscles and not my stomach muscles.....Mickie D's and Sleeman's Cream Ale doesn't exactly help it either. Look into strengthening areas that can help stabilize your back.

diadlover

Dude, where are you getting oxys for $10 a pop? Where I'm from its about $1 per milligram. Is it becuase you're so close to Mexico?
Yeah, you got it bro. I'm able to avoid steep handling fees as well as the usual middle man mark-up that is usually passed on to the the consumer. I like to think of myself as a "Oxy wholesaler". I could inflate the price like everyone else, but I just wouldn't feel right if I were ripping off my customers. I don't know, I guess it's just the way I was raised.

Now to avoid the DEA from busting down my door in the middle of the night I must refer everyone to my distributor. Anymore questions from and those interested in purchasing $10 Oxy's should contact trucker1946.

diadlover

I am not sure the "hottie" in diadlover's avatar is actually DL. Is that you DL???:wink:
Be careful what you say to me Aspen, Moreluck has a very bad jealousy side to her. Just one of the reasons I had to put her on my ignore list. That and she kept going on about how all of UPS's problems were because of that famous decision Abraham Lincoln made when he was president. Whatever that means...........

solitarysiren

Happiness in Slavery...
stretching, proper footwear and all that are fantastic. also, keep in mind that the more tired you get towards the end of the day, the less likely you are to use proper habits. so, when you notice yourself getting tired, be more conscious about using your legs and keeping that natural curve in your back. oh, and remember that even if you bend your knees, you also have to lower your butt! it's a full squat. bending your knees won't do much if you're still bending at the waist. have fun for the rest of your peak season. it gives you a new perspective on shipping, doesn't it? one more thing....remember to use your power zone when carrying things to the door.

aspenleaf

Be careful what you say to me Aspen, Moreluck has a very bad jealousy side to her. Just one of the reasons I had to put her on my ignore list. That and she kept going on about how all of UPS's problems were because of that famous decision Abraham Lincoln made when he was president. Whatever that means...........

Moreluck you can have diadlover! I promise you I won't fight you for him. :tongue_sm

diadlover

dl....you're gonna get me in trouble.....:blush:

Alright moreluck, after this I will leave you alone. Just one more thing though - stop being such a "nun" with your rep feedback. I've been a member here for 5 months so I've definitely put my time in with you. Come on moreluck, give it up to me. Have a good week.

LKLND3380

hi, i just finished my first day as a driver helper. it was tough! my lower back hurts and i am wondering what did i do wrong? i know back safe, etc. and i did all that yet there is a sharp pain in my lower back.

hopefully this is something that will go away as i was perhaps too energetic in wanting to "prove myself". :crying:

any tips on dealing with back pain? how to avoid?

also, any tips on going from seasonal to getting hired regular part time?

thank you so much!

ms. piggie

I AM NOT A DOCTOR BUT I PLAY ONE ON TELEVISION
2mg ZANAFLEX three times a day
500mg NAPROXEN twice a day with food
You will need a perscription for the above....

Now if you want something over the counter the go with Aleve Arthitis Strength...

ALEVE belongs to a class of drugs known as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs, which work at the site of pain.
The active ingredient in ALEVE has been shown to provide anti-inflammatory benefits when used at prescription dosages, under the supervision of a physician. If you think you may have inflammation due to an injury or condition, see your doctor.

Normal dose is 1 tablet every 8 to 12 hours
I take 2 tablets when I get up so they kick in by the time I arrive for work... Then another 2 tablets 12 hours later...

LKLND3380

Yeah, you got it bro. I'm able to avoid steep handling fees as well as the usual middle man mark-up that is usually passed on to the the consumer. I like to think of myself as a "Oxy wholesaler". I could inflate the price like everyone else, but I just wouldn't feel right if I were ripping off my customers. I don't know, I guess it's just the way I was raised.

Now to avoid the DEA from busting down my door in the middle of the night I must refer everyone to my distributor. Anymore questions from and those interested in purchasing $10 Oxy's should contact trucker1946.

UPSers Discount

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you think you may have inflammation due to an injury or condition, see your doctor. Or if you experience side effects like vomiting, diarrhea, heart failure, seisure or priapism....stop taking immediately:lol: