Newbie Loader

oakcreekteamie

Hello All, I was wondering if any of you have any advice for a loader on the twilight sort. I start on friday with my trainer and am looking for any bit of help i can get. And any stories that might *pop* into your head from the old days would be appreciated too! Thank you in advance for your help.:happy-very:

Just remember, the supervisor always did it better, faster and more effeciently than you did when he was loading. Oh and his PPH used to be 1400 loading by himself. :D

oakcreekteamie

Haha, thanks guys. And SNOW CITIZEN i was placed on the green belt. I have in my mind that working will be close to hell as it gets; hopefully it isnt ne worse than that!

UPS Lifer

I always compare the job to "Hell Week" in football only it lasts a month! Bring at least 48 ounces of water with you. I actually recommend a CamelBak back pack for water. You can keep your fluids up with no hassle or lost time. You need it in the beginning.

Use the methods and don't try to muscle the packages. New hires (and PT supervisors) tend to think that if they muscle the packages that this impresses the supervisor. Smooth routine is the best and it saves your energy.

I was constantly retraining supervisors and employees to hit the target and not use extra energy to make it look like you are working hard.

As a loader handle the package once and don't hold on to it. Look for a spot to load it and let it go. The longer you hold it the more energy you use. (You will get tired faster!)

oakcreekteamie

Thanks for the help guys...and sorry about the "ne". With texting all day it just comes naturally; I should watch myself. Don't want to get that snuck into a resume or letter for any one important! :anxious: