newbie to UPS

Nikki

okay so I was at work tonight and I told my suo about my arm before work started and he told me to just ask for help when i get to things above my waist (on the load stand) Sine thats when my wrist gets hurt more. well about half through the night my sup came to me and told me they are moving me to small sort.....so.....hows small sort?

konsole

Try not to skimp on food outside of work. I know most woman want to keep their feminine figure but the average womans figure isnt built to handle hard manual labor. Not saying you need to binge on Mcdonalds but a soup and salad every night isnt going to cut it. A girl who use to work next to me weighed around 210 when she started and after a few months she was down to about 160 so definately plan on loosing weight if you put enough effort in. Also, like someone else said, don't go out and buy all new clothes because there just going to get abused. Just any old clothes you have around the house. We don't have a ton of woman at our building but the woman (especially younger) tend to refuse to wear proper clothing, especially skin tight jean pants in the middle of summer. The job is physical and you need to be able to bend and flex and tight jeans just don't let you, plus they don't let sweat evaporate off your skin. For the summer maybe some loose capri long shorts (if you don't feel like getting stares from some of your male coworkers), and maybe some loose cargo pants for the winter.

NY11725

Ive twisted my back, which casued me not to work for almost 3 days.how? trying to push in old nasty rusted rollers...that wouldnt roll...so i pushed it really hard at a weird angle..and hurt something not normal..soon as i stood up..all my musles in my back tightened up and i was in some serious pain for a couple days....Ive bruised my legs..arms.....ive jammed my fingers...hit my funny bone several times...had boxes fall on my non steel toe boots...yea...if your a loader..your guna feel pain sometimes...just happens..especially when your trailer is getting hit hard because stupid unload unloads everything at one time..

Nikki

lol, i know. I have only worked it for a week but my fingers are bruised from the scanner, and I was told by a friend that I probly twisted my wrist by throwing the bags. (which is what I was told to do by my trainer...)

Anyways, so my sup just told me that he thinks id be better in small sort since my strong suite is reading the labels (ive been in 2 trucks and was able to get all the zips right....never missed a missort either.....)