Newbies please read

backinbrown

respect my authority
To all new drivers who have made there 30 days congrats, your union needs you. I say this because there is a new trend of newbies and temps who are bieng hired, that are bieng intimidate by management.

from talking to the newbies at my center there is to much talk of supervisor said this supervisor said that, and its making you guys think you have to work unsafe drive to fast run up driveways, skip breaks just to meet there numbers, you need to realize the union doesnt recognize those numbers, we give a fair days work for a fair days pay, if you are doing your best and you are safe and you dont falsify anything then your best is your best. YOU CAN NOT BE FIRED FOR YOUR NUMBERS if you are following your methods and working safe and giving your best.

So what if they want to go on a three day ride with you not a big issue if they think you are slacking and go on car for a 3 day ride just follow your methods stop for stop, take all your breaks do not sort on break, youse your hand cart, put pkgs down exit vehicle pick up pkgs, walk brisk pace, do not let them help or touch pkg, youse dr bags, after this when you come in hour paid over they will no you did your best. Your methods are your best friend.

Go to your locals union meeting you will be suprised at what you can learn. request a copy of your union contract from your shop steward, any questions you have about anything you are doing or bieng asked to do ask your fellow drivers and your shop steward weve been there before, for the most part you will get good advice. You will see supervisors and center managers come and go more than you will believe but the union and your fellow teamster will be there for you allways.

You came to ups for a career if you run your route off your career probly wont last as long as you want. Just be safe youse your methods, and support your union, dont worry what sups think you have to work as directed but you dont have to run and work threw breaks, making yourself look like super mario only gets you more work, the more you do the more you get. Im not saying slack off, work hard do your best and dont be intimidated by management threats, if you do what you should your union will back you.

PLEASE NEWBIES SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL, WE ARE TEAMSTERS LETS WORK TOGETHER, NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER.

Im sorry to rant but i felt it needed to be said, i hope at least one new hire gets help from this :dead:

tieguy

Banned
To all new drivers who have made there 30 days congrats, your union needs you. I say this because there is a new trend of newbies and temps who are bieng hired, that are bieng intimidate by management.

from talking to the newbies at my center there is to much talk of supervisor said this supervisor said that, and its making you guys think you have to work unsafe drive to fast run up driveways, skip breaks just to meet there numbers, you need to realize the union doesnt recognize those numbers, we give a fair days work for a fair days pay, if you are doing your best and you are safe and you dont falsify anything then your best is your best. YOU CAN NOT BE FIRED FOR YOUR NUMBERS if you are following your methods and working safe and giving your best.

So what if they want to go on a three day ride with you not a big issue if they think you are slacking and go on car for a 3 day ride just follow your methods stop for stop, take all your breaks do not sort on break, youse your hand cart, put pkgs down exit vehicle pick up pkgs, walk brisk pace, do not let them help or touch pkg, youse dr bags, after this when you come in hour paid over they will no you did your best. Your methods are your best friend.

Go to your locals union meeting you will be suprised at what you can learn. request a copy of your union contract from your shop steward, any questions you have about anything you are doing or bieng asked to do ask your fellow drivers and your shop steward weve been there before, for the most part you will get good advice. You will see supervisors and center managers come and go more than you will believe but the union and your fellow teamster will be there for you allways.

You came to ups for a career if you run your route off your career probly wont last as long as you want. Just be safe youse your methods, and support your union, dont worry what sups think you have to work as directed but you dont have to run and work threw breaks, making yourself look like super mario only gets you more work, the more you do the more you get. Im not saying slack off, work hard do your best and dont be intimidated by management threats, if you do what you should your union will back you.

PLEASE NEWBIES SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL, WE ARE TEAMSTERS LETS WORK TOGETHER, NOT AGAINST EACH OTHER.

Im sorry to rant but i felt it needed to be said, i hope at least one new hire gets help from this :dead:

this should be moved to the labor forum

atatbl

dont worry what sups think you have to work as directed but you dont have to run and work threw breaks, making yourself look like super mario only gets you more work, the more you do the more you get.

So you are saying I shouldn't have got this put on after driving for 1 and a 1/2 weeks?

Super-Mario-tattoo.jpg

705red

Browncafe Steward
this should be moved to the labor forum
Why should it be moved to the labor forum?

Because it talks about going to your union meeting?

Or is it because it explains to new bie drivers what their rights are and that they dont have to be lied to by management. Tie you dont run this site and this newer poster had good intentions behind his post. But you would rathed keep the sheep blinded and you cant afford to have rookies thinking for themselves.

This post should stay.

705red

Browncafe Steward

Shes pointing out your use of this word from your post. In humor, but becareful some people here have a vocabulary badge and will give you a ticket for mis-spelled words and grammar.

atatbl

Shes pointing out your use of this word from your post. In humor, but becareful some people here have a vocabulary badge and will give you a ticket for mis-spelled words and grammar.

"becareful" is two words: be and careful. Also, misspelled is NOT hyphenated!

:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
B in B

"Youse".....sounds like a thug from Joisey. (like ,you guys)

I think you meant to type "use".

Sorry, but at least I read your entire post to catch that.

backinbrown

respect my authority
AAHH i SEA you got me more luck lol and yes more luck i no how to spell see. i was kidding but i will try to be more careful thanks once again 705red

moreluck

golden ticket member
B in B

I drive people nuts because it actually hurts my eyes when words aren't spelled correctly. Too many years of nuns driving it into me !! My kids hate it. I make mistakes too....usually striking the wrong key. I'm even hard on myself......and no, hard on is not one word. :surprised: Humor is my saving grace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh, I agree with it. Newbies need to know they can only be human, not super human. Following methods (extra important).

atatbl

B in B

I drive people nuts because it actually hurts my eyes when words aren't spelled correctly. Too many years of nuns driving it into me !! My kids hate it. I make mistakes too....usually striking the wrong key. I'm even hard on myself......and no, hard on is not one word. :surprised: Humor is my saving grace.

dirty, dirty

I like it.