Newbies please read

tieguy

Banned
Why should it be moved to the labor forum?

Because it talks about going to your union meeting?

Or is it because it explains to new bie drivers what their rights are and that they dont have to be lied to by management. Tie you dont run this site and this newer poster had good intentions behind his post. But you would rathed keep the sheep blinded and you cant afford to have rookies thinking for themselves.

This post should stay.

If there is any thread that should ever belong on a labor forum it would be this one.

hyena

Lets see the average number of stops per driver is what in your building? and you claim you do much more then the average? and the only reason the boss dislikes you and is trying to fire you is because of tatoos and earrings? Meaning no one else in the entire building has tatoos or earings?

I think you need to look within and for some other reasons.
Yes i am the only one in my building with tats and earings and the average stops per driver is about 140.There are about 40 employees in my building!

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Job security or flip flops, job security or hat, oh darn such a tough choice!

When you're a lowly pre-loader and see all the poor choices that managment makes everyday and / or the way they shoot themselves in the foot, then the job is expendable.

I will admit, that these people in leadership roles have the poorest leadership qualities I've ever seen.

As my rank is so lowly, and all the hard work I do every night, losing this job would be a blessing.

It's like when you went to high school and did something bad, and they said you where going to be sent home for the next 7 days, what did you think of or say? I know I thought and spoke was SWEET!

Job security will come when I see fit for it. If I make more money at another position then yea, it would be smart to join up. I dont think you guys understand yet, they could fire you at any time regardless of being apart of the union. Which means your basically throwing your money away.

tieguy

Banned
Yes i am the only one in my building with tats and earings and the average stops per driver is about 140.There are about 40 employees in my building!

the only one in the whole building who has tattoos or earrings? No old military vets with tattoos. No younger people with tattoos and earrings?

You're doing a terriffic job doing more then the average and your boss wants to fire you for tattoos and earrings.

I really think you need to look a little deeper.

tieguy

Banned
Id tell you where you belong but then this post would get flagged just like my other one! :happy2:

Go back and read this post and think about the one that got deleted for the reference to my penile anatomy.

Go back and read your posts about the evil corporations having too much power.

Go back and revisit your problems at work which you think are caused by appearance issues only.

UPS is a job. Its a but busting get it done yesterday job. Guess what most upsers don't revert to extreme profanity everytime someone disagrees with them. Most upsers don't have some kind of inferiority complex with corporations or those in management.

You will get a little sympathy here from some posters but most view your outlook on life as a weakness and don't have the time for your afflictions.

In my humble opinion what you presently lack is the mature outlook to handle your responsibilities at work.

hyena

the only one in the whole building who has tattoos or earrings? No old military vets with tattoos. No younger people with tattoos and earrings?

You're doing a terriffic job doing more then the average and your boss wants to fire you for tattoos and earrings.

I really think you need to look a little deeper.
Yes how many times do I need to say it I am the only one in the whole building with tats or earrings. Two of my bosses dont like me. The sup I work for knows that I do a great job. Everyone including the drivers will tell you I do a great job, Yes they are discrimating against me because of my tats and earrings. I put forth the extra effort to be as proffesional as I can. Even other managers have told me this. Trust me I cant believe it as well. Like I said I can sleep at night knowing I did a great job!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
As a saturday Air driver are you allowed to deliver next day air or early A.M.s that are for monday on Sat. At one time I thought it was not allowed, I didnt think we were allowed to upgrade packages. I personally see this as theft because were delivering certain next day airs on sat but the people didnt pay for sat. My supervisor says were allowed, but ive learned to rarely trust what they say.

I think delivering monday's on Saturday is stealing work from other drivers cause your taken volumn away from monday's work and if volumn is low enough then an low seniority Air driver gets layed off.

I've been layed off a lot of Monday's.

If your a tuesday - Sat. driver you shouldn't be allowed to run any Mondays unless it doesn't effect Monday's volumn enough for a lay off.

No offense meant if you are.

tieguy

Banned
I think delivering monday's on Saturday is stealing work from other drivers cause your taken volumn away from monday's work and if volumn is low enough then an low seniority Air driver gets layed off.

I've been layed off a lot of Monday's.

If your a tuesday - Sat. driver you shouldn't be allowed to run any Mondays unless it doesn't effect Monday's volumn enough for a lay off.

No offense meant if you are.

no grievance for enhancing service on a package. Companys right to upgrade service if they so desire.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
As my rank is so lowly, and all the hard work I do every night, losing this job would be a blessing.

quote]

So why do you stay, Orly?

The job does show promise. These jobs also dont exists in America anymore, it is a rarity. Plus, it's only 4 sum hours a night. The demand on the body and challenge is also what keeps me around.

The test that I ace each time make me feel good, that I know my stuff. That I learn something new almost everyday is a positive. I could go on...

But the phyiscal demand is so hard. I feel great threw Monday, Wensday. Thursday rolls around and in just torn up. My hands, back and mental exhaustion. It isn't too bad really, one just needs to turn off the switch in your mind to bypass pain or mental anguish.

Overall, it's just good training and a great experience.

backinbrown

respect my authority
brown suit left me a negative reputation saying what about the new hires who want to decide for themselves about the union without intimidation, let them decide but do you really think we would have the pay and benefits we have without the union do you brown suit think you would be were you are on your ability to do your job i don't think so, i personally feel that without the union we would be in a high turnover job to save company money,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On the flip side, do you think UPS should be a "closed shop" where you have 30 days to join the Union? You made some very valid points but what about the P/T kid who is going to college and working here just for the spending money who doesn't really need the benefits as he has coverage through his parents. 3 times the hourly once a month ($26-30 for newly hired P/T) can be a good chunk of change when you are barely bringing home $200/week if that. The long term benefits are of no concern to this kid at this point in his life as he has no plans to make this his career.

backinbrown

respect my authority
On the flip side, do you think UPS should be a "closed shop" where you have 30 days to join the Union? You made some very valid points but what about the P/T kid who is going to college and working here just for the spending money who doesn't really need the benefits as he has coverage through his parents. 3 times the hourly once a month ($26-30 for newly hired P/T) can be a good chunk of change when you are barely bringing home $200/week if that. The long term benefits are of no concern to this kid at this point in his life as he has no plans to make this his career.

good point never considered that side of the big picture point taken

hyena

Well theres always the option of finding another job if he dont like the fact he has to pay the Union 2o bucks a month. I mean seriously whats 20 bucks a month and I dont want to hear hes a poor college kid. Most college kids are there because they have a mommy and daddy who take care of them and put them there. The Teamsters is one of the best things that happened to UPS! Plus look at it this way maybe he thinks he doesnt need the Union hed rather have that 20 bucks extra a month. Then all of a sudden the big bad wolf manager comes along and threatens his job. Now I guarantee he thinks that 20 bucks a month to the Union is worth it once they save his butt (provided he deserved to have it of course). Its always nice to have someone watching your back! Thank You Teamsters!