Newest member

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Brown4, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Brown4

Brown4 New Member

Hey, guys. It looks to me like I'm the newest member of the UPS family. I just received the call from the HR lady saying I'm hired for an air ramp position, I guess i'll be working out in the airport. Now... I don't know what to expect, which is why I come to you guys...

Any advice would be great :happy-very:

I start training next week!!!

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

what airport?

3. atatbl

atatbl Active Member

troll fo sho

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You will be given 2 red flashlights and a bright yellow vest and will spend your shift parking airplanes.

5. newguy1

newguy1 New Member

ive seen this repetitively, what is troll?

6. UpstateNYUPSer

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

Quote from Wikipedia

7. Brown4

Brown4 New Member

What do you mean by that.

To answer the other question... at the Ontario, Ca airport.
    I have no detail on what I'll be doing. I'll know more by next Tuesday.

8. UpstateNYUPSer

9. drewed

drewed Shankman

Oh have fun with that mess, ONT is huge and isnt known for its operational excellence

10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

But maybe Brown4 can make the difference. :shrug:

11. atatbl

atatbl Active Member

lmfao @ Upstate's last post.

Also.....

12. Brown4

Brown4 New Member

LOL. :whiteflag:

Sorry about the new thread, and thanks a lot guys.

13. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

GOOD LUCK.

14. rocket man

rocket man Well-Known Member

newbie If you have any quesitions at all REMEMBER THIS ask upstate nyer hes my hero hes so smart HEs the man.:knockedout:

15. drewed

drewed Shankman

The question would be whether or not your going to work the ramp or an air sort.....just remember be aware of your surroundings, wear your safety vest there are dozens of vehicles moving on a ramp.

16. dillweed

dillweed Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your hire! I never worked at an airport and don't know any details. However, if it's like the rest of the company expect organized chaos, a constant sense of urgency and supervisors telling you to do this, that and to do it quickly. :happy2:

Take a deep breath, do what your supervisor says as best you can, ask questions of him/her when in doubt and keep yourself safe. You'll be fine.

btw, why was this new poster accused of being a troll?

17. chev

chev Nightcrawler

This calling people trolls is getting old.
    I sometimes wonder if those that accuse someone of being a troll have ever come across a true troll. It is like crying wolf or calling someone a newbie. Just grow up and stop it.

18. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Because it was his/her first post.

19. chev

chev Nightcrawler

So, are you saying this is a sort of message board rite of passage? Maybe a form of hazing? :dissapointed:
    Should all first posts be considered "trolls"?

Good luck Brown4. Welcome to the board and the Big Brown family.:happy-very:

20. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Oh no, sorry. That is not what I was trying to say. I meant that is all it takes for some folks to throw out the Troll title.
    To me a troll is someone that comes in, starts a controversial subject and never comes back to join in on the discussion.