Newest member

Brown4

Hey, guys. It looks to me like I'm the newest member of the UPS family. I just received the call from the HR lady saying I'm hired for an air ramp position, I guess i'll be working out in the airport. Now... I don't know what to expect, which is why I come to you guys...

Any advice would be great :happy-very:

I start training next week!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey, guys. It looks to me like I'm the newest member of the UPS family. I just received the call from the HR lady saying I'm hired for an air ramp position, I guess i'll be working out in the airport. Now... I don't know what to expect, which is why I come to you guys...

You will be given 2 red flashlights and a bright yellow vest and will spend your shift parking airplanes.

atatbl

drewed

Shankman
The question would be whether or not your going to work the ramp or an air sort.....just remember be aware of your surroundings, wear your safety vest there are dozens of vehicles moving on a ramp.

dillweed

Congratulations on your hire! I never worked at an airport and don't know any details. However, if it's like the rest of the company expect organized chaos, a constant sense of urgency and supervisors telling you to do this, that and to do it quickly. :happy2:

Take a deep breath, do what your supervisor says as best you can, ask questions of him/her when in doubt and keep yourself safe. You'll be fine.

btw, why was this new poster accused of being a troll?

chev

Nightcrawler
Congratulations on your hire! I never worked at an airport and don't know any details. However, if it's like the rest of the company expect organized chaos, a constant sense of urgency and supervisors telling you to do this, that and to do it quickly. :happy2:

Take a deep breath, do what your supervisor says as best you can, ask questions of him/her when in doubt and keep yourself safe. You'll be fine.

btw, why was this new poster accused of being a troll?
This calling people trolls is getting old.
I sometimes wonder if those that accuse someone of being a troll have ever come across a true troll. It is like crying wolf or calling someone a newbie. Just grow up and stop it.

chev

Nightcrawler
Because it was his/her first post.
So, are you saying this is a sort of message board rite of passage? Maybe a form of hazing? :dissapointed:
Should all first posts be considered "trolls"?

Good luck Brown4. Welcome to the board and the Big Brown family.:happy-very:

So, are you saying this is a sort of message board rite of passage? Maybe a form of hazing? :dissapointed:
Should all first posts be considered "trolls"?

Good luck Brown4. Welcome to the board and the Big Brown family.:happy-very:
Oh no, sorry. That is not what I was trying to say. I meant that is all it takes for some folks to throw out the Troll title.
To me a troll is someone that comes in, starts a controversial subject and never comes back to join in on the discussion.