Newest Safety Method:::: Honk horn at every single intersection

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wow...you can't even use an a with two dollar signs on here without it being censored....****...*** ......***** ......hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Laws vary by state, but here in Oregon it is illegal to use the horn on a public road for any purpose other than as a warning device to other traffic. We have successfully used this law to get management off our backs when they write us up for not blaring the horn every time we stop, start, turn, park, back, belch etc.

Every intersection? Sounds to me like some genius in a cubicle somewhere in Atlanta had himself a "bright idea" and wrote a memo. It will be the flavor of the week for a short time, then quickly forgotten.

More like a "genius" on some local safety committee ... management should really weed out stupid ideas like this rather than trying to be nice to the genius.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm gonna honk the horn at intersections so someone jerks their head my way and rear-ends the guy in front of him. Should be quite entertaining.

upsgrunt

Check out the train horn ad in the middle of this thread--awesome!!
I want one for the package car and personal truck.

Raw

Raw Member
Actually it`s very entertaining to honk my horn so much, I get angry honks back and birds directed my way!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I pissed off some driver last night coming home from the mall. I made a left turn in front of him (leaving a stop sign). I guess he thought it was his turn. He honked at me, I honked at him. The poor old lady in front of us stopped. She didn't know what was going on. :happy-very:

Big Babooba

Ever drive an International? The horn doesn't work half the time. Whenever the mechanic puts in a new horn contact, it lasts about 2 weeks before it starts to fail again. So to save UPS money, I don't use the horn - I swear instead!

rod

Retired 22 years
This appeared in my local paper today in the "Police Blotter" section:

Cited a male driver for horn misuse at 3:37 p.m. Tuesday on the 700 block of S. 5th St.

I think the local center manager would be getting a visit from the Police Chief if UPS's idiotic horn honking flavor of the month rule was being preached here.

Jim Kemp

Summer 2009 293.jpgWill UPS be paying the fine?
Summer 2009 293.jpg

tourists24

Tourist, did they stop trying to enforce this within the last couple weeks?
we had a big snow storm and extremely cold temps last week and since then, there has been no enforcement of any kind. Everything is all about just getting rid of stops. Mail box DR's have been the norm. All drivers AND all sups are on road. We will see next week once Christmas is over. Before the snow though at least twice a week there have been horn audits