Newish driver (in regards to VAC, OPD, and OPW)

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by OptimusPrime, Aug 9, 2012.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Been through my 30 days, made seniority. Was told I don't have vacation or personal days. No problem. Now my pay stub shows VAC 40 hours, OPD 16 hours, and OPW at 25. Seeing as I can't take this time, can I go ahead and get the money for it? I'm mostly unsure about the VAC pay, but shouldn't I be able to go ahead and get the OPD and OPW money? Especially the fact I am not allowed the days off? Was told it would pay at the end of the year. Eff that. Not broke, far from it, but why should I allow UPS to sit on this money when I am not allowed the time off.
  2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Eff that, you don't have a choice, homie. You will be paid any money that you are due on or around 12/15. Word.
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Wait 6 months then start using it.
  4. upsman2940

upsman2940 New Member

They should pay you off 2nd week after to you officially made seniority!
  5. ibleedbrown

ibleedbrown Active Member

i have been w ups part time 15 years, if i go driving do i still keep my 5 weeks of vacations? i work in the chicago land area. 705

i also heard that my 15 years will count into my retirement, so if i work another 15 years driving i can retire. i wont get as big of a pension as if i went driving for 30 years but it would be nice to retire at a young age. i could always pick up another career after i retire from ups.