News From Florida..... Start SAVING your MONEY!!! 03-22-13

A

anonymous6

3-22-13

just heard from negotiations.( from impeccable source ). not good. still stalled.

from the top: tell your members to prepare for the worse. quote " start saving your money"

for all of you that said a strike was near impossible............ wishful thinking

over9five

Staff member
No offense my friend, but I can't remember a single contract year ever where they didn't at some point say "It's not looking good, save your money".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been telling people forever. No one is informed though. They all look at me say yeah ok and walk on.

This is how we end up with crap contracts. No one can afford or is willing to prepare for the time off.

Out of all the people I've told one person thanked me and started saving I think.

FAVREFAN

I'm part-time. Can't tell you how many 22.3's in my building who said they'd cross the lines if we went on strike. They are the weakest link.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm part-time. Can't tell you how many 22.3's in my building who said they'd cross the lines if we went on strike. They are the weakest link.

22.3 are usually the laziest employees also. Hope I dont offend any 22.3 workers I hope to get a 22.3 job eventually but ups would probably just assume they stay on the picket line.

I don't understand how anyone would immediately cross the picket line. After a few weeks I certainly understand how someone could be hurting and need to work. Immediately no excuse though.

oldupsman

22.3 are usually the laziest employees also. Hope I dont offend any 22.3 workers I hope to get a 22.3 job eventually but ups would probably just assume they stay on the picket line.

I don't understand how anyone would immediately cross the picket line. After a few weeks I certainly understand how someone could be hurting and need to work. Immediately no excuse though.
Of the 4 centers in my building 11 drivers crossed the line the 1st day, 5 more up in feeders in 97. Of course they were shunned when we came back.
But only for awhile. Eventually it was all forgotten. Not to mention how many guys wanted a chance to vote on the first proposal where UPS offered 3000
a month pension. Get ready. You'll be surprised how many guys want absolutely nothing to do with a strike. Oh and by the way, there were some locals in
parts of the country that never shut down in 97. Mostly in the south.

rudy5150

Its time to start slowing down brothers and sisters. Work safe and follow all methods. Hit these greedy b**sds where it hurts most!

balland chain

Solidarity!! That is how we can send a strong message.. we all need to spread the word. This contract is so important, we need to let the junior drivers know to save their extra cash, and not give in to the company that is giving us an unfair contract.. It is very scary to imagine going a few weeks without a paycheck, but we can no longer give them the kitchen sink. Each contract we have given something up, well now that they have milked us dry, and the higher expectations they have of us justify a fair and equitable contract..

bellesmom

Yep you offended a 22.3 but don't worry, there won't be any 22.3 jobs around by the time you want it.

stink219

Of the 4 centers in my building 11 drivers crossed the line the 1st day, 5 more up in feeders in 97. Of course they were shunned when we came back.
But only for awhile. Eventually it was all forgotten. Not to mention how many guys wanted a chance to vote on the first proposal where UPS offered 3000
a month pension. Get ready. You'll be surprised how many guys want absolutely nothing to do with a strike. Oh and by the way, there were some locals in
Not in our building. We had 3 guys cross. They quit within 2 weeks after we went back. That's all I'll say on the subject.

where you a nj or a pa driver.

A

anonymous6

i just reported what the email stated.

i guess i just wasted my time. hardly anyone at my hub seems to care either. atlanta is reading these threads and drooling .just as our old BA used to say..."you guys are your own worse enemy."

InsideUPS

You may want to advise them to check their car insurance. : )

flat_tire.jpg
brokencarwindow.jpg
flat_tire.jpg
brokencarwindow.jpg