News From Florida..... Start SAVING your MONEY!!! 03-22-13

oldupsman

I would never wish harm on anyone, even a scab. I think the worst thing about being a scab is the lack of respect you'll get. Everyone knows you have no pride and self respect. No respect from your brothers. And YOU know what a POC you are. Must suck to have to live like that.
When we had drivers cross the line in 97 the managers really wanted nothing to do with it. They asked them if they were sure they really wanted
to cross the line. They knew the disharmony it would bring to the center when the strike was over. And it was uncomfortable for awhile.
But like I said it went away eventually. Took a year or so though.

over9five

Staff member
When we had drivers cross the line in 97 the managers really wanted nothing to do with it. They asked them if they were sure they really wanted
to cross the line. They knew the disharmony it would bring to the center when the strike was over. And it was uncomfortable for awhile.
But like I said it went away eventually. Took a year or so though.

Come on, even today you know who every man is who crossed the line. People are already saying "Will that scab cross again?"

Griff

I remember '97 like it was yesterday. I know of nobody who crossed here. We were fired the hell up and guys were throwing beer cans and other objects at the trucks as managers pulled out of the building trying to do the job (with 2 managers per truck). Like we didn't already know it takes 4 managers to screw in a lightbulb!

browndevil

3-22-13

just heard from negotiations.( from impeccable source ). not good. still stalled.

from the top: tell your members to prepare for the worse. quote " start saving your money"

for all of you that said a strike was near impossible............ wishful thinking

We should ALWAYS be saving our money

A

anonymous6

I am really, really disapointed in Hall so far. going back to the table after saying he would not as long as the companies health care proposal still was there. HUGE mistake. Hoffa should fire him just for that.

teamster run health care???? thats a disaster. weak in other areas too.

didn't he learn ANYTHING from Ron Carey????

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Up here the union does control the insurance. I think it is great. The union gets the best bid each year and sends out any changes in January.

I feel Hall should have walked away after UPS even proposed such a idiotic offer. Walk early. Make em step back and say wow! Make it known- We are not fooling around. Right up front and center

oldupsman

Come on, even today you know who every man is who crossed the line. People are already saying "Will that scab cross again?"
Gosh over, that was 15 years ago. Alot of guys who were there then are retired. Heck, some of those guys who crossed stuck around and ended up retiring with their
Teamster pension. The local did bring charges up aganist them but it ended up being nothing more than a fine.

kingOFchester

I feel Hall should have walked away after UPS even proposed such a idiotic offer. Walk early. Make em step back and say wow! Make it known- We are not fooling around. Right up front and center

At first I felt the same way. But in reality at some point an agreement will be made. I think the reasoning is, lets negotiate everything that we can so that if we hit a wall, we will be able to settle down the road pretty quickly being that everything else is already nailed down.

ocnewguy

Mr. Orange County.... I come from a very strong Union area in Ohio. I would never expect a young individual like yourself to understand the seriousness of someone crossing a picket line. There is no room for your definition of "maturity" in the heat of a strike. Spend some time in the real world and then come back and preach to me about "maturity".

We're not playing.. "Red Rover.... Red Rover....let Orange County Come OVER"

Maybe this is more to your "Orange County" liking..

View attachment 8755

We're on the same side here. But, sure, go ahead and bite my head off. Merely a difference in opinion. All the sun and salt water must have rotted out my brain.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Up here the union does control the insurance. I think it is great. The union gets the best bid each year and sends out any changes in January.

UPS's first offer is always idiotic.

I'm going to trust hall judgement as to whether or not there is any point in continuing negotiations at this time. He is there, I am not. I agree that at some point we should walk away, but I'm not going to second-guess him from afar.

The general sense that I got from the phone conference is that the company might be willing to evaluate other options in regards to the health care issue. We will know more this coming week. No further negotiations are even scheduled past Friday, meaning that if nothing substantial happens we walk away from the table for awhile. No harm in that, we have over 4 months left and at some point during that time the company will become willing to make a serious offer. As hall said in the conference call, the ball will be in their court.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

We had zero scabs in our local. There were two guys who quit the union and did the agency fee deal so that they could cross the line, but they never did.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We had zero scabs in our local. There were two guys who quit the union and did the agency fee deal so that they could cross the line, but they never did.

I live in a RTW state and we had a great many scabs both FT and PT. I never fail to get a laugh at them when they now want to file grievances ,get on the 9.5 list and complain that the Union'isn't doing anything' for them

A

anonymous6

UPS's first offer is always idiotic.

I'm going to trust hall judgement as to whether or not there is any point in continuing negotiations at this time. He is there, I am not. I agree that at some point we should walk away, but I'm not going to second-guess him from afar.

The general sense that I got from the phone conference is that the company might be willing to evaluate other options in regards to the health care issue. We will know more this coming week. No further negotiations are even scheduled past Friday, meaning that if nothing substantial happens we walk away from the table for awhile. No harm in that, we have over 4 months left and at some point during that time the company will become willing to make a serious offer. As hall said in the conference call, the ball will be in their court.

the health care issue is huge for the company because those costs are like a runaway train. however i agree with the poster that said all the talk on the healthcare issue takes our eyes off other important issues. i agree with you sober that we have to keep our trust in hall for now.

i heard from florida again. they said there is a lot going on that we don't know about yet.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So the thread says "Start Saving your Money!!!"......so you can survive after Aug 1 if things don't work out the way you want....

but you cannot save any money to pay for healthcare for yourself or family..hmmm

another observation: not one driver has bragged how much money they made so far this year compared to thier Sup/Manager (who pays for healthcare)....

:surprised::surprised::surprised:just an observation.....

So the thread says "Start Saving your Money!!!"......so you can survive after Aug 1 if things don't work out the way you want....

but you cannot save any money to pay for healthcare for yourself or family..hmmm

another observation: not one driver has bragged how much money they made so far this year compared to thier Sup/Manager (who pays for healthcare)....

UPS makes plenty of money.!!! There is no reason we should pay for healthcare period! They just raised their dividend by almost 200 million a year....SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE PLENTY OF CASH TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

At our building Management Salaries are as closely guarded as Ft Knox.

At our building Management Salaries are as closely guarded as Ft Knox.
I BET!!! They dont want you to see who really makes the money. They must all be poor! Having to suffer driving a two year old $50,000 car or suv. I feel real friend**N bad for them!! Looks like all 250lbs of them are starving to death too!!!

trickpony1

I can't speak for anyone else but I have never kept anyone from going into management. They all went in of their own free will.

browndevil

You know what? I don't like the fact you have to pay for some of your healthcare. Your compensation package should exceed mine. but we all make choices, right? I chose to keep driving the brown truck