News Media Statement Draft For Package Car Safety Concern

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's what I'm saying bro think outside the box. Take it over your a steward make a change. I know I'm not the only only one on the Brown Cafe who thinks you have a Beautiful mind. Get involved take it over thats what my local I'd about to do. All these production talks in the am. The driver gets his pep talk and goes out stressed out thinking he is going to get fired. How safe is that?????? Grieve it or get involved in the CHSP committee and bring it up at the monthly building safety meeting. Article 18 20.4 read it get involved you are a great leader on here. Help us Soberups

I am flattered by the compliments but I am just another driver in a two-bit building way out here in Oregon.

Something like this needs to be organized at a national level. Yes, I could start attending Safety Committee meetings and making a general pain in the ass out of myself here, but it would have to happen on every center in every building to be effective.

As wound up as the company gets about making us regurgitate their commentaries and acronyms, its definately a weak spot we could hit them in. Unlike a work stoppage it doesnt cost us any money and even the "weak sister" members are generally getting sick and tired of all of the safety drivel.

"National flunk the DOK day"....it kinda has a nice ring to it!

soberups

Be as facetious as you like,but after your 2 year hiatus,chances are,there will still be a few p8's on the road with no 3 point belts and no power steering.

But they will have keyless entry and an extra 8 or 10 stops per day stuffed into them!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am flattered by the compliments but I am just another driver in a two-bit building way out here in Oregon.

Something like this needs to be organized at a national level. Yes, I could start attending Safety Committee meetings and making a general pain in the ass out of myself here, but it would have to happen on every center in every building to be effective.

As wound up as the company gets about making us regurgitate their commentaries and acronyms, its definately a weak spot we could hit them in. Unlike a work stoppage it doesnt cost us any money and even the "weak sister" members are generally getting sick and tired of all of the safety drivel.

Would you consider running for BA or Local President? You could start at the local level. A ripple starts with one drop.

QKRSTKR

You are new here so you don't understand where the skepticism is coming from. Integrity likes to talk a big game but is about as effective as a BP blowout preventer.

That is just funny.

But seriously I think this is a good drum to beat. Why doesn't UPS realize how stupid they look putting keyless entry on a vehicle that's 20 + yrs old, only lap seatbelt, no power-steering, and a step as high as a hurdle that if you park on a road with no curb you have to climb back in.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
boring-class-1.jpg

HazMat compliance video day eh?

Integrity

Binge Poster
you may be right , but left unchecked vending machines will still be dispensing bad cups of coffee. A bad cup of coffee is downright criminal. teach me integrity. Show us how to run this media campaign. please post video so we may all learn from you. Sincerely poop
PE Poop,

I will not be addressing your vending machine issue.

I will however consider producing a video as a means of communicating some concerns in the future.

I thank you for this suggestion.

Sincerely,
I

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
It could also be a way to "hit them where it hurts" when the Keter people show up.

Imagine if every single driver nationwide "flunked" the Keter audit and "missed" 100% of the questions. Imagine if we "gave" the company incremental 10% "improvements" on our Keter scores for every .25 Stops Per Car reduction on the daily dispatch. Hell, you could even talk me into regurgitating their stupid acronyms if it would help take some heat off of my fellow drivers. Just sayin......
soon enough our 10% would equate to 100% ,, there is no easy fix

You can be flatered all you want. You are a star on here look at your rep. The forum loves you in the words of my city Cleveland " what's not to like". I'm not asking you to be a messiah just to think outside the box. CHSP is supposed to be appointed by the local union. Learn the drivel and bust there balls. You are obvious to me a very smart think out side the box steward. Think about making a change and hitting them where it hurts. In the safety

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
you may be right , but left unchecked vending machines will still be dispensing bad cups of coffee. A bad cup of coffee is downright criminal. teach me integrity. Show us how to run this media campaign. please post video so we may all learn from you. Sincerely poop

Since we have the solution to all our concerns figured out, can we do something about that dangerously rough toilet tissue? I've been injured several times after long weekends of hot wings and beer.

soberups

Since we have the solution to all our concerns figured out, can we do something about that dangerously rough toilet tissue? I've been injured several times after long weekends of hot wings and beer.

Lets put the Safety Committee on that one. Maybe instead of handing out banannas they could hand out rolls of Charmin.

DS

Fenderbender
Integrity, you must be on va ca ,you are posting up a storm lately:happy2:
I know you mean well,and I respect you for trying.
I made this with windows paint.You vs ups.

integrityvsups.jpg

before you use it for promotional purposes,get permission from

.deviantart.com/art/Wolverine-vs-T-rex-83392592

iamupser

Grease Monkey
There is probably a driver somewhere that has kissed the steering wheel and swallowed a few teeth that would appreciate what I is doing.