Newspaper article that I read today

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And I can understand why they wouldn't want to wear their uniforms home.
I remember one time I was very tired and came home and ate then told my wife I was going to bed ... Went to lay down and next thing I know I was falling asleep with my uniform on under the covers... That has only happen once... Wife went ballistic and told me " NEVER wear that nasty shi$$ in our bed again" and she never cusses...lol looking back that was probably pretty nasty...pretty sure she threw those sheets out

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember one time I was very tired and came home and ate then told my wife I was going to bed ... Went to lay down and next thing I know I was falling asleep with my uniform on under the covers... That has only happen once... Wife went ballistic and told me " NEVER wear that nasty shi$$ in our bed again" and she never cusses...lol looking back that was probably pretty nasty...pretty sure she threw those sheets out
I can't help it your wife is crazy.

Gear

Parts on Order
do the mechanics get tool allowances???? I know many car mechanics get their tools paid for after they are there for a certain amount of time

$325 a year. I can almost buy a Snap On wrench set with that much money. My toolbox alone cost $11,000 new. My previous job required alot of tools, this job not so much. Ive considered buying all Harbor Freight tools and toolbox for this job. That way it wont be a big deal when guys slam carts into it and pile garbage on top of it.

Brownslave688

$325 a year. I can almost buy a Snap On wrench set with that much money. My toolbox alone cost $11,000 new. My previous job required alot of tools, this job not so much. Ive considered buying all Harbor Freight tools and toolbox for this job. That way it wont be a big deal when guys slam carts into it and pile garbage on top of it.
The tools I don't know but the toolbox would work.

Toolboxes are amazing. I really want a large Macsimizer but just can't justify it. Did you see SK just came out with toolboxes?

Gear

Parts on Order

Toolboxes are amazing. I really want a large Macsimizer but just can't justify it. Did you see SK just came out with toolboxes?

Mine is a triple bay Matco with upgraded wheels. The wheels have springs, makes it easier to move around. I think its about the same size as a Macsimizer. I didnt see the SK boxes. SK tools are good, but I never seen a SK tool guy. I only bought tools from the tool vendor guys who came to our shop (previous job). We dont have any tools guys here at UPS, I take all mine to the guys I use to work with for replacement. Its a pain in the butt.

Brownslave688

Mine is a triple bay Matco with upgraded wheels. The wheels have springs, makes it easier to move around. I think its about the same size as a Macsimizer. I didnt see the SK boxes. SK tools are good, but I never seen a SK tool guy. I only bought tools from the tool vendor guys who came to our shop (previous job). We dont have any tools guys here at UPS, I take all mine to the guys I use to work with for replacement. Its a pain in the butt.
Wow even my small center has a tool truck guy.

Yeah ideal bought sk after they went bankrupt and they are trying to get into the tool truck business now. Very sporadic coverage right now.

Gear

Parts on Order
Wow even my small center has a tool truck guy.

Yeah ideal bought sk after they went bankrupt and they are trying to get into the tool truck business now. Very sporadic coverage right now.

Around here, if you dont buy tools on regular basis, tool guys wont come around. Other jobs have a revolving door of mechs, so someone is always buying something. I work with 3 other mechs, we wouldnt buy enough to get a guy to stop by. Money talks. Speaking of work, time to get going.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Do you know Ups already pays people to change their clothes. Mechanics get paid to change.

We don't get paid to change at the hub. Matter of fact management makes it a point to remind us that they aren't paying us to change in or out of our uniform, drivers can come and go as they please in their uniforms but we aren't allowed to. I'd rather change at home to save a little time.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Is that the one with the built in radio and spinners on the wheels.... Wonder if it has hydraulics???
I can't help it your wife is crazy.
crAzy awesome... She's a good woman... Just a little ocd at times