Newt Gingrich Announces His Candidacy

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't think Huckabee will run....He plans to announce his decision during his Saturday show on Fox.
They are talking to Christie and trying to recruit him.

I do agree that Mitt should've said about the healthcare in his state, we tried, it didn't work and that's how I know it won't work for the country.

Umm, I dont know if your just oblivious to facts, or that facts just get in your way, but in MASS, according to the latest POLLING, 85% of mass citizens say ROMNEYCARE is awesome, costs are down and they wouldnt go back to the old way.

A little troubling for mitt, if you think he can just say "it didnt work"....

Theres an old saying, "people may think youre stupid, but if you open your mouth, you may confirm it."

That would be mitts problem.

Peace.

av8torntn

Umm, I dont know if your just oblivious to facts, or that facts just get in your way, but in MASS, according to the latest POLLING, 85% of mass citizens say ROMNEYCARE is awesome, costs are down and they wouldnt go back to the old way.

Theres an old saying, "people may think youre stupid, but if you open your mouth, you may confirm it."

Peace.

That's not true according to the state of MA. According to them the costs of health care in that state are rising at a rate much faster than the economy, GDP, and wages. They also conclude that this threatens the financial stability of individuals and businesses and threatens access to health care. Cost increases have been dramatic in that state.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
That's not true according to the state of MA. According to them the costs of health care in that state are rising at a rate much faster than the economy, GDP, and wages. They also conclude that this threatens the financial stability of individuals and businesses and threatens access to health care. Cost increases have been dramatic in that state.

PROVE IT.

Peace.

bbsam

Staff member

But those costs are rising faster than wages and the economy all over the country.

Babagounj

Strength through joy

Peace.
try living in Mass.
It's great if you are here illegally, or you work for a company with over ten employees, but if your self employed it sucks.
The costs keep skyrocketing and if you can't afford to pay the for the insurance, which many can't, then they hit you with a fine ...thousands of dollars worth. And possible jail time.
Many doctors have left the state and finding yourself a new one can take months.
The average wait just to see your own doctor can be 45 days or longer.
One of the law's goal was to get more doctors into rural areas, just the opposite has happened, rural people have to visit major cities to see a doctor.

bbsam

Staff member
try living in Mass.
It's great if you are here illegally, or you work for a company with over ten employees, but if your self employed it sucks.
The costs keep skyrocketing and if you can't afford to pay the for the insurance, which many can't, then they hit you with a fine ...thousands of dollars worth. And possible jail time.
Many doctors have left the state and finding yourself a new one can take months.
The average wait just to see your own doctor can be 45 days or longer.
One of the law's goal was to get more doctors into rural areas, just the opposite has happened, rural people have to visit major cities to see a doctor.

If that's true, would seem that repeal of the law would be a slam-dunk.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yes, that's Ted Kennedy smiling in the background as Romney signs his government healthcare into law.
The guy of the far right is former House Speaker Salvatore DiMasi , currently on trial for corruption.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
the campaign slogan for our US Senator's seat was that it didn't belong to the Kennedys but to the people. That contest was no run away race,
The Tea Party had a major hand in this race.
Brown won with 52 % ( 1,168.107 )
Martha Coakley had 47 % (1,058,682 )
The best flub Martha Coakley received was former Cong. Patrick Kennedy (d) RI, who will standing in a hall with hundreds of Martha Coakley signs all around him several time called her "Marsha ".

island1fox

"When ever any form of Government becomes destructive of these Rights, It is the right of the People to alter or abolish it and to institute new Government"

Just listening to both the Left and Right arguments makes me even more certain that we need a huge change in our Representative Government.
Obama only spoke of change --he did not make it happen. If you read his first book he spoke about the Private jets and all of the "perks" the politicians enjoy.

Money , power, position, living a life of not working, yet telling the people how much they "serve " us.

The debates and posturing have nothing to do with solving any of the pressing problems that we face today.

I love this country,knowing its faults and that it is not perfect. I would love to say that our best days are ahead of us but in my heart I truly believe we are in a severe decline.

The Current event forum is a microcosm of our political world. Who can spin the facts to fit their argument, Who can out smart or embarass the other poster, no matter what ,how can I WIN this argument.

Not concerned on how problems can be resolved by level headed solutions but only what is good for me.

Hate is powerful and destructive. I do not want to say I hate all politicians -but the more I listen to them through media -wheter it be MSNBC or FOX --I truly have passed the point of being disgusted.

Too many American's have no idea what is going on and the ones that do are so far divided Right and Left they cannot see the trees while standing in the forest.

I truly do not care who is running against Obama ---- Obama or Bush --What has changed ??? I have truly lost my Political "Faith"

Have I become wkmac ?????:sad-little:

"Bush is just an old drunk --Obama is just a Muslim non citizen" Sure makes alot of sense. I am drinking just coffee this morning--but I have truly depressed myself--almost tempted to delete this post ---Sorry for all the negativity !!!:sick:

av8torntn

But those costs are rising faster than wages and the economy all over the country.

So you seem to agree that the other side made a false statement when he claimed that costs were lowered. Martha Coakley claims that the additional costs are not due to added participation in the health care system so what would you consider the reason that the citizens of MA are facing such a high rate of cost increases in their state after all that government intervention?

bbsam

Staff member
So you seem to agree that the other side made a false statement when he claimed that costs were lowered. Martha Coakley claims that the additional costs are not due to added participation in the health care system so what would you consider the reason that the citizens of MA are facing such a high rate of cost increases in their state after all that government intervention?

Sure, I'll agree to that. But I don't see how you come to the conclusion that it's due to the law. We have nothing like it in Illinois and costs go up every year. Seems to be the nature of the beast in health care...unless you can find a system where premiums and health costs in general are dropping through the floor.

brett636

WOW,

which Newt are you talking about? Clearly not the former speaker who was thrown out of office? The same man who divorced his wives as soon as they got sick and were hospitalized? Surely not the man with three marriages and walking around preaching "family values"?

What is it about newt that makes you believe he is a "relevant" player in todays politics?

He was wrong about the whole birther issue. Thats gonna haunt him as well.

He will never earn more than 18% of the republican vote and will more than likely drop out of the race by the third primary.

I am a little more optimistic and say he will drop out after Iowa when he comes in behind Trump and Palin in 6th place.

Peace.

Its quite simple. The man is well spoken, well read, and highly intelligent. Most importantly he is a conservative and the very reason for the balanced budgets our government was running in the late 90s. I don't have high hopes for him to make it very far, but at this point its anyone's game.

My top picks for presidential candidates are as follows:

1. Herman Cain- Herman has a strong business background, is a conservative to the very core, and supports the fair tax.
2. Newt Gingrich- The main reason he comes in 2nd to herman is because he has waivered on his support for the fairtax. While Herman has said numerous times he will support and push for it, Newt has waivered on whether he supports it. In reality I think he will only say he supports it in order to garner the extra votes it brings with it, but while in office will probably never truly push for it.
3. Mitch Daniels- The man is the best fiscal conservative my state has ever known. Indiana is paying its bills and has money in the bank, which is way better than what our federal government can say. While the states surrounding Indiana are raising taxes and cutting services, Indiana has done the opposite creating a stable environment for business to grow and thrive. While I don't know that any one President can completely clean up our federal government's fiscal problems, if someone is going to do it the right way Mitch is the man for the job.

The rest of the republican crowed like Mitt Romney lean too far to the RINO side to garner my support. Ron Paul will get his normal 5% of the vote and drop out after the first few primary rounds. The bottom line for me is anybody is better than Obama.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree with your top 2 picks ......unless Christie comes on the scene.
I would pair Michelle Bachman with one of your top 2 picks as a running mate.

brett636

I agree with your top 2 picks ......unless Christie comes on the scene.
I would pair Michelle Bachman with one of your top 2 picks as a running mate.

I completely forgot about Bachmann, and I would throw her in there in #4. Although we all know what kind of quesitons are going to get tossed out there by the media if she were the candidate. "Can a woman really manage her family and the office of the President?" You know, the type of questions that never get asked of a democrat running for the same office.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I completely forgot about Bachmann, and I would throw her in there in #4. Although we all know what kind of quesitons are going to get tossed out there by the media if she were the candidate. "Can a woman really manage her family and the office of the President?" You know, the type of questions that never get asked of a democrat running for the same office.

She managed her own kids PLUS 23 foster children! She can handle it all in my book!

av8torntn

Sure, I'll agree to that. But I don't see how you come to the conclusion that it's due to the law. We have nothing like it in Illinois and costs go up every year. Seems to be the nature of the beast in health care...unless you can find a system where premiums and health costs in general are dropping through the floor.

That law was supposed to reduce health care costs. It did not. Even you seem to reluctantly admit it failure there. There have been multiple studies that show a direct relationship between increases in regulation and increases in costs to consumers. I posted some on one of the other health care threads.