Next contract.

Cezanne

Let's not give up and throw in the towel just yet. Contract is not until 2013. Stick together and don't even discuss giving away $$$ and benefits. Man up!
The fat lady hasn't even started to sing yet, alot would happen in three years. Take a deep breath and relax. To some ignorant people out there our benefits are not free, we are paying for them per negotiated health and welfare/and or pension monetary increases in lieu of wages. Read the contract somebody please....:peaceful:

705red

Browncafe Steward
I think you are delusional. With Hoffa in charge and the economy in the tank, the last best and final offer will be no better than '97s disaster.

We will have an oppurtunity to vote him out next year. People should start getting together delegate slates now to run at the end of this year early next year. Remember these delegates are the ones that vote on changes like our dues increase.

You have a 22.3 job thanks to the 97 contract and you still find a way to complain. Everyone of your posts is a downer, you come off as hating the world. Take a break for a while, relax your stressing yourself out way to much. IMO

UnconTROLLed

perfection
We will have an oppurtunity to vote him out next year. People should start getting together delegate slates now to run at the end of this year early next year. Remember these delegates are the ones that vote on changes like our dues increase.

You have a 22.3 job thanks to the 97 contract and you still find a way to complain. Everyone of your posts is a downer, you come off as hating the world. Take a break for a while, relax your stressing yourself out way to much. IMO

Fair enough, I will take a break. However, my point still stands for better or worse, right or wrong.

Kevin211

First of all FIX ALL those opened ended loop holes... then start for a contract that is for the employee and not for the company.

LifeUPSer

Life without Parole
First of all FIX ALL those opened ended loop holes... then start for a contract that is for the employee and not for the company.

I think that we need to have a contract that is both for the employees and the company. If it is any other way there will continue to be bitter people. I know that we currently have that but if for ONCE management and teamsters could actually work together we would be a better company.

I have been on both sides of the fence in the last 20+ years so I know that it can be done. UPS will continue to change to meet the current economic conditions and unfortunately we are all just along for the ride.

oldpaddy

With the way management has been acting lately I plan to give up NOTHING and to get MORE!
I'm at the point where I'd rather go on strike for a few weeks to show them who REALLY run our company!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
With the way management has been acting lately I plan to give up NOTHING and to get MORE!
I'm at the point where I'd rather go on strike for a few weeks to show them who REALLY run our company!
That's funny. If I may make a suggestion let someone else write the sentences on your poster you'll be carrying around.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We will get the contract that we are willing to go on strike for....so dont make demands if you arent willing to back them up on a picket line.

Its still over 3 years away, and a lot can happen with the economy and the overall profitability of the company between now and then.

If UPS can show on paper that it is losing money, then obviously we will need to consider freezes or cutbacks as needed.

If UPS is still making good profits...as I suspect it will be... then those of us who do the work will deserve to share in those profits.

Unfortunately...UPS has "cried poor" during every contract negotiation I have seen during my 23 years with the company, so I personally will need to see some proof from an independent 3rd party auditor before I believe anything that the company tells me about its financial condition come contract time.

And I believe there is still a huge amount of fat and bloat to be cut from the ranks of upper management before the subject of a pay freeze or cut for hourly employees should even be discussed.

bbsam

Staff member
Big John, I think bbsam was being sarcastic.
No, actually I wasn't. My drivers never cross picket lines. If a companies entrance is being picketed, they can arrange an alternative delivery sight or they can pick up the freight at the terminal. Neither the company nor myself nor my drivers are going to be pulled into a dispute that does not concern us.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
If UPS is still making good profits...as I suspect it will be... then those of us who do the work will deserve to share in those profits.

Unfortunately...UPS has "cried poor" during every contract negotiation I have seen during my 23 years with the company, so I personally will need to see some proof from an independent 3rd party auditor before I believe anything that the company tells me about its financial condition come contract time.

And I believe there is still a huge amount of fat and bloat to be cut from the ranks of upper management before the subject of a pay freeze or cut for hourly employees should even be discussed.

I agree. Just take a look at the Local 2727 acft maint have been fighting for over 3 years for a new contract while the company keeps making huge profits and braging about it and the CEO gives himself a raise from 1.5 mil to over 6 mil. They have laid off 160 + and displaced many others and want us to pay for health care and not give us our retro. It seems that all this company cares about is the upper managment. I feel that they want us to pay for health care so when it comes time for your contract they will try and make you pay for health care too. They got the pilots to pay for health care and the door was opened. Ask a pilot how they feel now...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, actually I wasn't. My drivers never cross picket lines. If a companies entrance is being picketed, they can arrange an alternative delivery sight or they can pick up the freight at the terminal. Neither the company nor myself nor my drivers are going to be pulled into a dispute that does not concern us.

Good points that I didn't consider when I replied. I just assumed because your drivers are non-union that they would have no such restrictions.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
No concessions(benefits primarily) while this company makes the profits that they do. You have plenty of time to save your money and prepare to strike. Thats all you can do.