Next day air, a new one

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I scanned two pkgs, one an air one a saver at my last stop. It was tight, but it was 10:27. By the time I got in, unloaded the other 17 pcs and got a sig it was 10:35. It showed as late, is this another new and improved feature? They asked me why I had late air, I said, "I dont know"! Any thoughts?

Mick32

As I understood it, the stop must be in signature mode before 10:30 or you're out of luck. Next time, scan the air, pop into to signature, get the autograph, then stop complete and do the rest of the stop as a DUP.

DS

Fenderbender
I scanned two pkgs, one an air one a saver at my last stop. It was tight, but it was 10:27. By the time I got in, unloaded the other 17 pcs and got a sig it was 10:35. It showed as late, is this another new and improved feature? They asked me why I had late air, I said, "I dont know"! Any thoughts?

As I understood it, the stop must be in signature mode before 10:30 or you're out of luck. Next time, scan the air, pop into to signature, get the autograph, then stop complete and do the rest of the stop as a DUP.
I have a home depot in my area that I often have 10:30 commits for.Sometimes they get 50+ pkgs and as long as I scan the express pkg before 10:30 it never shows late.Tooner I think the system failed you and mick.I have never heard of this before,but it may be the rule in some places.

TheKid

I did it today....scanned NDA at 1030....proceeded to scan rest of the pkgs....got sig....hit stop complete at 1035....no problem.

bad company

semi-pro
It does not have to be in signature mode. As long as you scan the first package and big arrow down, you could keep scanning packages to 1800, and nothing would show late. The catch is that you can not for whatever reason go back up to the main delivery screen (the one that appears when you scan the first package, before you big arrow down). If you do that, you will reset the time stamp, and your packages will show late.

bigbrownhen

What? Did they make changes again and not tell us. Go figure!! Used to as long as you had 3 pkgs scanned, it would hold time. Then it could be just one, would hold time. Perhaps there was an upgrade, and we lost this function, like not being able to pre-record pick ups anymore. Obviously something has changed, we all know the little everyday tricks. No one wants late air, we all try to make service, keeps us off the radar.

bigbrownhen

It does not have to be in signature mode. As long as you scan the first package and big arrow down, you could keep scanning packages to 1800, and nothing would show late. The catch is that you can not for whatever reason go back up to the main delivery screen (the one that appears when you scan the first package, before you big arrow down). If you do that, you will reset the time stamp, and your packages will show late.

Ah ha, this is most likely the answer. I forgot about that, sorry for the snippy reply earlier.

SWORDFISH

You must have hit a button w/ out realizing it. As long as you scanned the pkg and your in the delivery screen and never leave it except to get the signature by 1030am it will be ontime. You dont even have to scan the NDA by 1030 just have to scan a pkg for that stop by then. The 2 things I have done is forget to press down after scanning and delivering to a multilple stops account I mist 12 NDA cuz I had it in prerecord and I put left at and stop completed it after 1030 and they all were late(the center manager didnt like that so much).

airbusfxr

Dont worry, with the pilot layoffs and mechanics contract I would figure the rest of the year alot of NDA wont even make it to the hub from SDF. There are already alot of md11s broke and pilots are not picking up OT so we shall see.

Dont worry, with the pilot layoffs and mechanics contract I would figure the rest of the year alot of NDA wont even make it to the hub from SDF. There are already alot of md11s broke and pilots are not picking up OT so we shall see.
Your contract negotiations really have nothing to do with this thread. This is a quirk in how the Diad records time stamps. Any air not delivered on time due to the things you just mentioned are a complete different game.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have done this a million times, have to. I was on the way to the stop, got to the stop, by 1030, had it in the board at 1027, like I said do it every day. Never had a problem. I do it because so many of the places are locked, and have to wait, its hard to run them all and get them off on time. My Livelihood depends on their sense of urgency. I was told I should have used the delayed by security key, but it shocked me that it showed late at all. I think it is a new "feature" something to trim just a few more minutes, push us just a wee bit harder, keep squeezing that rock.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Using any of the late reasons sends up a red flag. The one most commonly (ab)used in my district is customer requested late. I have to agree with the others that it sounds as though you did everything right--are you sure that it was not an EAM?