Next day air, a new one

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You cannot take it from the main screen and go back, yes it will be late. We are using diad 4, and if you cant get air off with ground, it is a new stop later in the day. If you attempt an air twice it is a dup, I dont think it should be but thats what they want.

Really?!?!?! I always take a second attempt on an NDA as a second stop. Never have been told different. :surprised:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The company deems it falsifying if you scan it at a different location to stop the clock and are not at the consignees location prior to the commit time. All I am saying is why put yourself in that position. They are not going to protect you if you are caught doing it so why are you trying to protect them from a refund?

You are right. We had a driver that made a habit of 'falsifying records'. He transferred to a new ctr (PAS) and was fired within 6 months. Old habits die hard.

SWORDFISH

The company deems it falsifying if you scan it at a different location to stop the clock and are not at the consignees location prior to the commit time. All I am saying is why put yourself in that position. They are not going to protect you if you are caught doing it so why are you trying to protect them from a refund?

Im dont disagre w/ you. Just playing devils advocate. Curious what people would say. I need to remember to get my center manager on the record telling me whether this is ok or not just incase they try to fire any of my boys cuz alot of them do it.

SWORDFISH

Really?!?!?! I always take a second attempt on an NDA as a second stop. Never have been told different. :surprised:

Almost everything is now a dupe stop for us. Even a misload they run out to you 4hrs after you have been to the stop. When you go back you have to press dupe stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Almost everything is now a dupe stop for us. Even a misload they run out to you 4hrs after you have been to the stop. When you go back you have to press dupe stop.

The second attempt on the NDA would be dup stop. Delivering a misload to a stop that you have already been to would be a second stop.

Raw

Raw Member
The second attempt on the NDA would be dup stop. Delivering a misload to a stop that you have already been to would be a second stop.
You have that backwards! A second attempt on a NDA is a customer request so it is a second stop. A misload to a stop you already went to is a duplicate because it is UPS error! :peaceful:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You have that backwards! A second attempt on a NDA is a customer request so it is a second stop. A misload to a stop you already went to is a duplicate because it is UPS error! :peaceful:

What if the second attempt on the NDA is not a customer request but simply good customer service on my part (plus I hate send agains)? Also, the misload is not my error so why the dup stop when I have already completed that stop?

SWORDFISH

Over here, second attempt NDA (ground included) is a duplicate stop. Misload second attempt is a duplicate stop.

Telematics is no fun.

Raw and UPstate, In our center I have been directely instructed and as a group we have been instructed to take dupe stops for the 2nd attempt for anything. They just announced that gem beginning of last week.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Raw and UPstate, In our center I have been directely instructed and as a group we have been instructed to take dupe stops for the 2nd attempt for anything. They just announced that gem beginning of last week.

I was wondering why they have added DUP COM and DUP RES to the DIAD. We have yet to receive those instructions but when that time comes I will work as directed. No big deal.

SWORDFISH

I was wondering why they have added DUP COM and DUP RES to the DIAD. We have yet to receive those instructions but when that time comes I will work as directed. No big deal.

I just gets annoying. Hearing all the #s mumb jumbo from the supes and then they take away every allowance possible. Anymore my ears just turn off when they start talking #s whether they think I did great or bad.

AKCoverMan

If I reattempt an NDA or a sig required it is another stop. Why would it not be? If we are phsically making the stop twice we should get time credit for both stops.

Here is another one.. EDD sends me to 123 Main Street. I get there and look at package and see that the cnee is one that is really at 132 Main Street. I am sheeting package at 123 Main Street as NSP. Then I will sheet it again when I get to 132 Main Street and do address correction. I get two stops time credit which I should since I was forced to waste time due to the misaddressed package. If I can catch it without physically making the stop at the bad address then I will just sheet at correct address with address correction and only take one stop.

SWORDFISH

If I reattempt an NDA or a sig required it is another stop. Why would it not be? If we are phsically making the stop twice we should get time credit for both stops.

Here is another one.. EDD sends me to 123 Main Street. I get there and look at package and see that the cnee is one that is really at 132 Main Street. I am sheeting package at 123 Main Street as NSP. Then I will sheet it again when I get to 132 Main Street and do address correction. I get two stops time credit which I should since I was forced to waste time due to the misaddressed package. If I can catch it without physically making the stop at the bad address then I will just sheet at correct address with address correction and only take one stop.

I would do that to but we are instructed not to. Remember methods are not the same everywhere.

UPSGUY72

I scanned two pkgs, one an air one a saver at my last stop. It was tight, but it was 10:27. By the time I got in, unloaded the other 17 pcs and got a sig it was 10:35. It showed as late, is this another new and improved feature? They asked me why I had late air, I said, "I dont know"! Any thoughts?

If you know your going to be late for your last NDA scan all the packages for that stop and then go to the signature screen that looks in the the current time don't do anything thingelse till they sign the board and you stop complete aslong as your put it in the signature screen before 1031 and don't go backawards you could show up an 11:00 and still have it show stop completed at 10:30 becasue it locks in the time once you go to the signature screen.

The thing is, stop counts have less to do with you personally and more to do with the bigger picture of exactly how many stops are in any given area.

If you have to go back to any address for any reason there really isn't a multiple stop situation occurring , it's just one stop that got broken up for whatever reason.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I just gets annoying. Hearing all the #s mumb jumbo from the supes and then they take away every allowance possible. Anymore my ears just turn off when they start talking #s whether they think I did great or bad.

swordfish, its a broken system. Isnt there a way that ups can HONESTLY measure our production and still make a profit? Less stress for both mgt and workers. Time continues to be lost year after year, and ie makes up stories on why routes loose time. Just when you think they cant cut any more they find a story to make up. If you want the allowance to be remotely accurate they should be stop specific, yes there is some work in this but they should more accurately reflect things. not sure about any of you but Im tired of hearing "its all averaged in!" Why should driver A who has an apt stop on the 3rd floor get the exact same allowance as driver B who walks 10 feet to a front door and DR's a package....how can this be fair??There are drivers that are on routes that are moving faster(read:more productive) than others but are showing more overallowed.... its just a bogus system on so many levels.

SWORDFISH

swordfish, its a broken system. Isnt there a way that ups can HONESTLY measure our production and still make a profit? Less stress for both mgt and workers. Time continues to be lost year after year, and ie makes up stories on why routes loose time. Just when you think they cant cut any more they find a story to make up. If you want the allowance to be remotely accurate they should be stop specific, yes there is some work in this but they should more accurately reflect things. not sure about any of you but Im tired of hearing "its all averaged in!" Why should driver A who has an apt stop on the 3rd floor get the exact same allowance as driver B who walks 10 feet to a front door and DR's a package....how can this be fair??There are drivers that are on routes that are moving faster(read:more productive) than others but are showing more overallowed.... its just a bogus system on so many levels.

I know what your saying. I was just showing my supe my #s for last week. When I run my route Im usually about .60 over. I covered a couple different country routes that I used to cover this week. Doing the same job at the same speed I beat my time on the 2 country routes and I lose to my route by about 35min. I dont concern myself to much w/ it cuz the union doesnt recognize it. I just like to have records.