Next Day Air commit being changed?

OptimusPrime

i have a bulk stop ( 80-120 pcs. ) that must be delivered prior to running any air stops even when that bulk stop is only ground pcs. / handshake agreement between ups and a large shipper :wornout:

Had a stop. Dermatology lab. Had it in their contract their ground was to be delivered the same time as their air. Like clockwork they would have one air a day, and roughly 20-30 ground. Why the hell did we ever agree to that?

S

serenity now

Had a stop. Dermatology lab. Had it in their contract their ground was to be delivered the same time as their air. Like clockwork they would have one air a day, and roughly 20-30 ground. Why the hell did we ever agree to that?

because whoever agreed to this deal didn't have to make it happen

barnyard

KTM rider

It was probably also in the agreement that they allow our sales peeps to contact all the people that ship stuff to them and convert them. If they were die hard FE clients, they may get a UPS account to ship things to that customer only.

We have lots of accounts that have done that. FE started the trend 10ish years ago with hospital accounts. We lost a lot of healthcare business but have been gaining some of it back (anecdotal evidence only) because FEG cannot make early commit times in hospitals that are longer distances from their sort centers. A hospital on a route I used to cover got their stuff from us at 9:30ish (air and ground), FEE at about the same time and FEG at 1400-1500. It did not take long for us to get that hospitals incoming volume back.

That advantage will go away as FEG gets more volume and better delivery densities.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There is NO way that I am going to move up my commit times to 10:15 and 11:45 while getting my TP60 later because my center has trouble getting the preload down on time. The only way for me to move up the commit times on my area would be for me to load just the air, deliver it, and then head back to the TP60 to load the ground and start all over again. Because of the miles involved it would add at least an hour to my day.

Big Babooba

hey scratch, were you there for the changeover from stone tablets to paper

Scratch started out at a job that would be roughly equivalent to today's car-washer. When the horse came in from its route, he would brush it down, hang a feedbag around its neck. He then would get a shovel to attend to his duties at the end of the horse farthest from the feedbag!

tourists24

There is NO way that I am going to move up my commit times to 10:15 and 11:45 while getting my TP60 later because my center has trouble getting the preload down on time. The only way for me to move up the commit times on my area would be for me to load just the air, deliver it, and then head back to the TP60 to load the ground and start all over again. Because of the miles involved it would add at least an hour to my day.
doesnt matter bottoms.... got to make the report look good ;)