NFL replacement referees

STFXG

Why pay more for officials when it's not going to hurt the nfl? People aren't going to stop watching just because of some bad calls. Te refs have no leverage and the league doesn't care. They are acceptable.

Johney

Why pay more for officials when it's not going to hurt the nfl? People aren't going to stop watching just because of some bad calls. Te refs have no leverage and the league doesn't care. They are acceptable.
That's why they have instant replay.Kinda like PAS/EDD:knockedout:. What I wonder is why isn't the players union backing them?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The NFL is the premier professional sports organization in the US----is acceptable really good enough?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The NFL is the premier professional sports organization in the US----is acceptable really good enough?
No and STFXG was trying to re-enforce his point. The league doesn't care. If they did, Goodell would have been all over this on Tues and to the best of my knowledge (and I have been watching) he hasn't said one word about it. With Sabol's death the league (Goodell) has another excuse to not acknowledge what is quickly becoming a nightmare.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
No and STFXG was trying to re-enforce his point. The league doesn't care. If they did, Goodell would have been all over this on Tues and to the best of my knowledge (and I have been watching) he hasn't said one word about it. With Sabol's death the league (Goodell) has another excuse to not acknowledge what is quickly becoming a nightmare.
​I would support the teams walking off the field and refusing to play until the lockout is solved.

bbsam

Staff member
Anyone see the Lions game at the end of regulation? Before the Hail Mary, looked like the receiver caught the ball, fumbled, and was recovered by Titans. Anyone else have an opinion?