Nice Fluff Piece

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
..As CEO of FedEx, Smith holds his employees in similar high esteem and attributes FedEx's success and the fact that FedEx was recently named No. 8 on Fortune magazine's list of the most admired companies to his people: "The reason that happened had nothing to do with me...It had to do with those 350,000 folks."

ahhh yeah, okay Fred. Thanks so much for the undying gratitude, pal. It really shows...oh BTW, haven't heard anything about this year's raise. It's about that time, isn't it?.....oh wait, what am I thinking?...we just got that whopping 2 percenter back in October, which almost covered the recent increased hit in our corporate medical plan..greedy me, I'm not a very appreciative grunt I guess.

I'm very honored that you hold me in such high esteem. I guess that's also why you took the liberty of gutting my pension and eliminating my shift pay...oopsie!, there I go again. You should have me court martialed for my insubordination, sir.

Semper Fi!

think I gotta go vom now...I mean seriously, I cannot remember the last time I read anything so disgustingly nauseating. And to think - people actually eat this crap up.
Makes one wonder how many of his fellow Marines he.......never mind.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This sounds correct. If you can't earn respect and admiration, just buy it.

In what world do you think Fred cares whether you respect and admire him? Do you really think Scott gives two shakes whether we respect and admire him? Both have businesses to run which requires tough choices be made.

Serf

"It was important that the package arrive by a certain time, thus I selected Fed-Ex's "overnight express" as the method of shipment and was promised a certain time of delivery. Well, the package was delivered a couple of hours late and this created some inconveniences. I contacted FedEx. They looked into the matter and promptly refunded me the shipping charges. No questions, no hassle, lots of well-meant apologies and acceptable explanations."
*Excerpt from the first paragraph*. Even in our failure and incompetence we are graceful and as such deserve the admiration of the people.

vantexan

"It was important that the package arrive by a certain time, thus I selected Fed-Ex's "overnight express" as the method of shipment and was promised a certain time of delivery. Well, the package was delivered a couple of hours late and this created some inconveniences. I contacted FedEx. They looked into the matter and promptly refunded me the shipping charges. No questions, no hassle, lots of well-meant apologies and acceptable explanations."
*Excerpt from the first paragraph*. Even in our failure and incompetence we are graceful and as such deserve the admiration of the people.
Except Fortune doesn't gauge the "admiration of the people." They survey CEO's and Wall Street to see which companies the average corporate leader would like to emulate.

Last edited:

Serf

Except Forbes doesn't gauge the "admiration of the people." They survey CEO's and Wall Street to see which companies the average corporate leader would like to emulate.
Touche'. Well on paper Fred S is the man. And I mean that by all the good and bad he's done. I haven't seen the full list. I must go check it out now to see who is more corporate cutthroat then us.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The customer here mostly likely was one of Fred's buddies. Of course they'll get a refund with no questions asked. Now if it was just some ordinary ol' slob, a refund would've required much hoop jumping if not out of the question altogether.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Except Fortune doesn't gauge the "admiration of the people." They survey CEO's and Wall Street to see which companies the average corporate leader would like to emulate.

Correct. Forbes and Fortune are publications for CEOs, investors, and upper management. My bet is that most CEOs are envious of what Fred gets away with, so they admire his nefarious brilliance.

bbsam

Staff member
He doesn't give a rat's ass if WE respect him. Fourtune magazine? Well that's a different story.

:hesaidsmiley:
Show me the check with my signature.
Well, every time Fred took away from your compensation package and you still shoed up the next day, id say you signed in the only way that really matters.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well bbscam's always more than anxious to rub our noses in the dog crap. Just wait until Fred starts picking the pockets of Ground contractors.

Oh, and it will happen too.

Sent using BrownCafe App