Nice pay raise they give to themselves

Scuba Steve

I'm not apologizing for anybody. This is America. We all have opportunities to do what we want. If you want to be a CEO and get CEO pay, have at it. If you want to be a pro athlete and get pro athlete pay, have at it. The only person stopping anybody is themselves. Don't go whining about what somebody else makes and feel you deserve to make more because they do. If you don't like it then change it. Get the education and experience and become he CEO.

You chose your job. You get paid better than your competitors. You knew how much it pays. Your CEO helped facilitate that.

Only you can go get what you think your worth. I'm tired of hearing people bitch about what others have but they don't want to work to get it. Put the big boy pants on and invent the next FaceBook or work to become the next CEO of UPS if you want more money. Just because somebody else worked for it doesn't mean your entitled self deserves more....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
if someone has the numbers it would be interesting to compare the year before the pt pay was reduced the following:
FT pay versus profits
PT pay versus profits
CEO pay versus profits

and 2015
FT pay versus profits
PT pay versus profits
CEO pay versus profits
We weren't public so I don't think the profit numbers would be available

Scuba Steve

They were available to management when private.

I can tell you the stock only dropped once in that time frame. That was after the 97.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

They are available. I'll let you pull your head out of your ass to find them.

My father passed away a while back an I threw away a lot of those things or else I'd share.
image.gif

Brownslave688

Your typical response. You spend time in mommies basement searching for Gif's and post 10 gazillion times on Brown Cafe because you have no life.

You work for UPS Slave, you can find those numbers. Ask you manager...
They'd be completely irrelevant to today's operation anyway.

The Milkman

Milkman, the jealousy will eat you up... You're not a CEO. The only thing you a responsible for at UPS is clocking in, making sure your package car is safe and ready. Delivering 250 stops per day maybe on time and following methods, then clocking out and going home. You get paid WELL above your competition to do that. You get a pension and great benefits, ask your FDX ground driver what they get?

Multiply what you do by 401,000 employees, that's what UPS' CEO is responsible for. He is responsible for 10 subsidiaries. 15 million packages per day. Not including responsible for an airline. He is paid less than his competitions CEO and less than other Fortune 500 CEO's....

You make a very good living for what you do. If you don't screw it up and do your job, you will have a nice retirement. You have every opportunity to be a CEO of a company and nobody is holding you back from earning big money in your life since your so concerned. Stop whining about what others make then and do it....

You sound like a Stooge wanting to climb the corporate ladder. I have seen over the years how they make it to the top, no conscience, just out for themselves. Fudging #'s etc etc, eating their own. Sounds like this topic hit a nerve with those who defend the UPS way. I am already retired for over 8 years now, Thank You for your concern. The pension I receive was earned with a lot of sweat and stress. I was not awarded a nice retirement bonus like those who give them out to themselves who sit on the Board while shoving their pieholes with food. They have no clue what goes on behind their backs. Oh, maybe they do. Deep down inside they may remember what they did to reach that spot of hierarchy. I did not screw up for over 25 years, I do have a decent retirement, I did not have to do unethical things as a driver although management resorted to many tactics to cover their tails. To look "GOOD" on paper. And don't tell me you don't know what i am talking about. If you don't then you will someday get a rude awakening when someone upstairs pulls your strings telling you what and when to do this or that, and then one of the rungs on the ladder you are climbing will break if you do not "Work as Directed" How about a nice transfer to Greenland?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Companies advertise they have to.

I agree we shouldn't be giving anything. But we have to stand together and vote no. Ups is going to give us the min they think we will accept. That's just good business. As long as our brothers in the south continue to fold like a cheap tent the contracts will get worse.
They don't call it the dirty south for nothing...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It's not just because UPS is greedy. Our main competition is FedEx, a non union operation paying much less to workers. UPS execs have to figure out a way to compete on shipping pricing with them while paying the highest wages/best benefits in the industry. This is what they're dealing with at the bargaining table. In the end, they meet in the middle if the union is successful.
I would guarantee that the thousands of management here at ups get paid much better than their counterparts at FedEx and the post office... Except for Fred S....I don't think management is going broke any time soon

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Does not surprise me. After all the money they saved on the last contract, profits earned by those on the ground, more should be showered on them who delivered them into their laps

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/ups-ceos-2015-total-compensation-rose-to-113m--update-20160314-01031
And don't forget ...

Kurt P. Kuehn, who retired as CFO effective July 1, received $4.8 million in total compensation including $381,327 in base pay and a $1 million cash bonus that was paid in September, when he left UPS.

It was worth it just to get rid of him. Smart with numbers but clueless otherwise.