Nice pay raise they give to themselves

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well hopefully everybody will slowly be getting more money thanks to cities and states raising the minimum wages....I guess it's a start and might take some time to trickle down to the southern states but its starting to happen... Maybe the union can learn something from it..
You're fired up tonight!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hardly ... maybe $80k max and they were grandfathered in under the old salary structure.
New sups will be lucky to break $65k/year not counting their stock which they can't (realistically) touch until they retire ... it's the new UPS Management retirement plan.
I guess they have to lie to feel like they aren't getting hosed... I've heard from a couple of their mouths that amount.. I guess it's more like a 1st year driver... My bad!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess they have to lie to feel like they aren't getting hosed... I've heard from a couple of their mouths that amount.. I guess it's more like a 1st year driver... My bad!!
Remember, managements stock bonus doesn't count until they retire.
Some of the old-timers might make $80k plus $15k in stock bonus.
Newbies ... no way.

JL 0513

Not to mention that is seems most OCS's are often moved from center to center. My last 3 all lived about an hour from the center. So 60 hours at work + 10 hrs commuting. Hell of a life.

Hellobrown2000

I disagree, not with the pay being frozen, but the money going to part timers. To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.
Yes beefing up the pensions would be another good idea. However, no amount of money will save it and that is because the people who are in charge of that money will blow it and waste just like all pension funds are and have been. My point was near 38 an hour at end of this contract. It's getting ridiculous to think they warrant more raises while pters have to plan their life around a pt time with hopes of one day being able to live off of just ups.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes beefing up the pensions would be another good idea. However, no amount of money will save it and that is because the people who are in charge of that money will blow it and waste just like all pension funds are and have been. My point was near 38 an hour at end of this contract. It's getting ridiculous to think they warrant more raises while pters have to plan their life around a pt time with hopes of one day being able to live off of just ups.
Wut?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He is underpaid in comparison to CEOs of other Fortune 500 companies.
Remember we are talking about the guy who ultimately signed off on ORION. If this were China or the USSR, he would have been marched out behind the building and shot for such abject stupidity. This being corporate America, he gets to pretend it was a good idea and they give him a raise instead. Go figure.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I disagree, not with the pay being frozen, but the money going to part timers. To me, the most logical thing to do would be to beef up the pension funds. Part time work is just that, and a part time job is not meant to be able to fully support someone financially. I am sure some folks will rip me on that, but the bottom line is, I am right.
So you ate in favor of giving your next contracts pay increases to retirees from companies that went out of business?

Because that is what you are proposing.

UPSers pensions are not in trouble because UPS didn't put enough money in those plans for the UPS employees.

When UPS puts money in the pension fund, it goes into a pot of money (co-mongled).

If every company stayed in business and continued to pay for their employees, none of the pension plans would be collapsing today.

So diverting your pay to your pension won't actually help YOUR PENSION.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So you ate in favor of giving your next contracts pay increases to retirees from companies that went out of business?

Because that is what you are proposing.

UPSers pensions are not in trouble because UPS didn't put enough money in those plans for the UPS employees.

When UPS puts money in the pension fund, it goes into a pot of money (co-mongled).

If every company stayed in business and continued to pay for their employees, none of the pension plans would be collapsing today.

So diverting your pay to your pension won't actually help YOUR PENSION.
Not to mention if you'd just divert your raise to your 401k you'd have more money anyway.