Nigerian Kidnappings

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm a confirmed liberal, but I would gladly shoot the "leaders" of this cult in a heartbeat. I give their spokesperson less than 5 days to live because we have offered military "advisement". I translate that to either a SEAL team or a drone taking these scumbags to Allah. Good riddance.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wish it were so easy. We've had a $7million bounty on him for nearly a year:
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2013/06/210204.htm
...a reward of up to $7 million for information leading to the location of Abubakar Shekau, the leader of Boko Haram.

The geography of the area makes any strike, by Special Forces or drones, nearly impossible.

Maybe. I think the go-ahead by Nigeria gives us carte blanche to off this guy. No political fallout for killing him in someone else's country.

oldngray

nowhere special
sbr050714dAPR20140507074724.jpg

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Anger swells against Nigeria government in response to girl abductions - Al Jazeera

Three weeks after the kidnapping of close to 300 Nigerian schoolgirls by the armed group Boko Haram, an organic and growing protest movement has put the Abuja government under a microscope and ignited a national debate about whether the Nigerian state can provide adequate protection for its citizens.

Reports on Monday suggested that Nigeria’s First Lady, Patience Jonathan, personally intervened against leaders of the protest movement, claiming the demonstrators should be arrested and blame themselves if anything happened to them.

The reports were twin PR disasters for President Goodluck Jonathan’s government, which has already been roundly criticized in the aftermath of the abductions for perceived incompetence and foot-dragging in the search to find and return the kidnapped girls.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Nigeria military 'ignored warning of Boko Haram kidnap' - Yahoo

Nigeria's military had advanced warning of the April 14 attack by Boko Haram that led to the kidnapping of more than 200 schoolgirls but failed to take immediate action, Amnesty International said Friday.

"Damning testimonies gathered by Amnesty International reveal that Nigerian security forces failed to act on advance warnings about Boko Haram's armed raid on the state-run boarding school in Chibok which led to the abduction," the rights group said.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Not sure how reliable this is... but for what it's worth:
Chibok: American Marines locate abducted girls in Sambisa forest - Vanguard

There were indications yesterday that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines.

The girls who were abducted on April 14, were part of the 250 students boarded at the school for the West African School Certificate, WASC/ Senior Secondary School Certificate, SSSC, examinations, triggering world-wide condemnations.

This was even as more US military officials arrived Nigeria yesterday to join local officials in the search for nearly 300 school girls taken captives by the Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, the US Secretary of State John Kerry, and the defence department, Pentagon, said.

There were indications yesterday that the 230 female students abducted by Boko Haram terrorists from the Government Girls’ Secondary School, GGSS, Chibok, Borno State, have been sited at the Sambisa Forest in Borno State, by the Special Forces of the United States Marines.

The girls who were abducted on April 14, were part of the 250 students boarded at the school for the West African School Certificate, WASC/ Senior Secondary School Certificate, SSSC, examinations, triggering world-wide condemnations.

This was even as more US military officials arrived Nigeria yesterday to join local officials in the search for nearly 300 school girls taken captives by the Islamist extremist group, Boko Haram, the US Secretary of State John Kerry, and the defence department, Pentagon, said.

Hopefully so, but it wouldn't seem wise to announce them finding the girls before an actual rescue was completed. Plus instead of arresting the abductors it would be preferable for them to "resist" and be shot down in response. A corpse can't kidnap again in the future.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hopefully so, but it wouldn't seem wise to announce them finding the girls before an actual rescue was completed. Plus instead of arresting the abductors it would be preferable for them to "resist" and be shot down in response. A corpse can't kidnap again in the future.

I think their leader is a dead man walking. There is more than "advising" going-on." Locating" this individual would probably be a red laser dot on the forehead or the crosshairs of a drone camera. Hopefully there will be enough DNA left to make a positive ID. He will resist...even if he doesn't. POW!

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

I'd say as reliable as the Nigerian government.

I have $5 million in an account from a Nigerian prince. I would like to give to you, just pay a 1% transfer fee.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The president of Nigeria for weeks refused international help to search for more than 300 girls abducted from a school by Islamic extremists, one in a series of missteps that have led to growing international outrage against the government.
http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-refused-help-search-kidnapped-girls-165639038.html

One of the main reasons the extremists have been so successful is that the Nigerian government is so corrupt and inept. The region where this is happening has incredible poverty and very little support, hence a willing audience for the Islamic fundamentalist garbage.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Tough talk .....where was this tough talk when it came to getting the guys who killed 4 AMERICANS at an embassy ????????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The president of Nigeria for weeks refused international help to search for more than 300 girls abducted from a school by Islamic extremists, one in a series of missteps that have led to growing international outrage against the government.
http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-refused-help-search-kidnapped-girls-165639038.html

Did you forget this is an african government?

You could however, equate the failures of intelligence to the Bush Administration however.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Did you forget this is an african government?

You could however, equate the failures of intelligence to the Bush Administration however.

TOS.

I could have mentioned the failures of the Obama administration but I was leaving politics out of a tragic issue. But of course, you can't do something normal like that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
One of the main reasons the extremists have been so successful is that the Nigerian government is so corrupt and inept. The region where this is happening has incredible poverty and very little support, hence a willing audience for the Islamic fundamentalist garbage.

The cult has been successful precisely because the Nigerian government is completely inept and corrupt.
Tough talk .....where was this tough talk when it came to getting the guys who killed 4 AMERICANS at an embassy ????????

BENGHAZI!!! BENGHAZI!!! God, give it a rest. Oh, that's right. Issa and the GOP have to continuously dredge it up to 1. Try and derail Clinton in 2016, 2. It's all they've got. Losers leading losers.